31.69%

ReputationRep:
    Yep, hopefully sooner rather than later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_pinnock54)
    Yup, in 19 days.
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    No, been a week and I'm only 19! Got my whole life ahead of me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Already married, I was 26 at the time and we'd been together for five years, and living together for almost as long... It was our tenth anniversary of being together, and our fifth wedding anniversary this year...
    Met at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I really hope so.
    Not for another few years at least though.
    Just ruin my dreams Adhead :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one either at the moment, but I'm still young so I expect there'll be quite a few in between now and when I get married so i don't expect the next guy I come across to be 'the one'.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know if we are going to be together at the end of the month let alone married.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Met at uni?

We met whilst I was at uni the first time round. She already had a degree, career and all that gubbinz, although I guess her career didn't really 'take off' until after we met.

Oh and we met in a nightclub, I suppose you could say that its been a one night stand that's lasted ten years. Well she had actual food in her fridge, which might also explain why I've put on at least three stone since we've been together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Just ruin my dreams Adhead :p:
    Shush! Don't let your boyfriend hear you say that :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, I won't be marrying anybody. Although I might just stay with her forever. Not sure how good that is compared with a meaningless contract, however.

ReputationRep:
    I'll say hopefullyyy because who knows what will happen!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Already married, I was 26 at the time and we'd been together for five years, and living together for almost as long... It was our tenth anniversary of being together, and our fifth wedding anniversary this year...
    I hope to be like this in future... 7 years is along away away...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    No, I won't be marrying anybody. Although I might just stay with her forever. Not sure how good that is compared with a meaningless contract, however.

Marriage is far from meaningless, apart from anything else it literally means that you own half of each other, or in more literal terms half of your total combined assets. This apparently is one of the things that tends to put men off marriage, that and the fact that it costs as much as a pretty decent car... Although having gutted, extended, rewire, replumbed, replastered and generally rebuilt the inside of our house, I tend to see £15k as the cost of the further extension that we couldn't quite afford, or a decent kitchen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mts786)
    because people want to get married ??
    No, with with TSR someone starts a thread on X, and within 5 minutes, like 4 more appear on the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Marriage is far from meaningless, apart from anything else it literally means that you own half of each other, or in more literal terms half of your total combined assets.
    The whole jointly owning your assets thing won't really matter unless you're planning to get divorced, in which case you probably shouldn't be getting married....

ReputationRep:
    The poll is evenly split at the moment 1/3 voted for each option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    no, he doesn't have enough potential to be rich. i want an old rich man, so i can be a kept trophy wife, spending his money on clothes and spending my days lazing on the riviera.

Haha! Pragmatist!

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me cringe on so many different levels.

ReputationRep:
    No, I just don't want to. We've been together 10 months (or over a year depending where you count from) and we both know we're going to break up at some point. We love each other to whatever extent we do but I'm fine with that outcome. We're not having problems, much the opposite, but I just don't want to be with him forever, nor him with me. People say we're being stupid and "oh you may as well just break up now then because you don't have a future" and whatever, but we do, it's just the near future rather than the distant one. I don't see the point of depriving each other of each other while we don't have to, if that makes any sense, it does to me at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_pinnock54)
    Yup, in 19 days.
    Congratulations!!

My b/f and I got married 3 weeks ago

(Original post by Stomm)
    Marriage is far from meaningless, apart from anything else it literally means that you own half of each other, or in more literal terms half of your total combined assets. This apparently is one of the things that tends to put men off marriage, that and the fact that it costs as much as a pretty decent car... Although having gutted, extended, rewire, replumbed, replastered and generally rebuilt the inside of our house, I tend to see £15k as the cost of the further extension that we couldn't quite afford, or a decent kitchen...
    Did your wedding cost 15k?

I just had to say, weddings don't 'have to' cost as much as a car ... ours cost £100, which is the fee for the registrar.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.