• View Poll Results: Do you?
    Yes
    31.69%
    Maybe
    36.61%
    No
    31.69%

ReputationRep:
    No, you won't, and if you do it'll fail.

ReputationRep:
    I want a 'Hopefully' option, but I shall settle for 'Maybe'...

ReputationRep:
    I'd hope so and like to think so, but you never know what's going to happen in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen)
    3 weeks into the relationship?
    nope ive been wiv her since january

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    We met whilst I was at uni the first time round. She already had a degree, career and all that gubbinz, although I guess her career didn't really 'take off' until after we met.

Oh and we met in a nightclub, I suppose you could say that its been a one night stand that's lasted ten years. Well she had actual food in her fridge, which might also explain why I've put on at least three stone since we've been together...
    Lol aww, I thought those nightclub things never work out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    That, or a bunch of bitter single people saying how stupid the aforementioned teenagers are.
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieNoir)
    I've been with my current boyfriend about 3 weeks, so go knows :L

Although he did say to me today that I was the one he wanted to spend his entire life with, and then carried on to talk about our children and future life. We also went out shopping and he went around in T.J.Hughes picking out all furniture/utensils/cusions/beds for our future home... :/

Jeez. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Me and you and you and me
    No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
    The only one for me is you, and you for me

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to, but I doubt it. We both know university is probably going to break us next year...

(and i don't mean to worry anyone who is going to uni and has bf/gf)

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice to think so but I just dont think it will happen. Plus im far far too young at 18 to consider marriage!!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    You say that like its a ridiculous amount, you do realise that the average people pay for a wedding in the UK is around £16,000 (info from a study in 2005).

I would pay £20,000 for a wedding tbh.
    Crikey, I knew it was a lot, but I didn't realize it went into the ten-thousands :eek3:

That would be one fancy wedding :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    Crikey, I knew it was a lot, but I didn't realize it went into the ten-thousands :eek3:

That would be one fancy wedding :p:

It would be very fancy, when you start going above the average anyways :p: And I just found an article in the telegraph website saying the average has gone up to around £20,000

Venues alone often cost £4-5K

Its a very expensive buisness and it would add even more money to the vast amounts I will owe after uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I was speaking to my boyfriend yesterday after having some trouble with a friend and was trying to get him to imagine how I was feeling about the situation. I hypothesised with him that I just got up and left one day, would he not miss me etc. He said yes, he would if I just went without saying goodbye and without giving a reason and he'd be upset, but he'd quickly adapt because "guys are good at that".

Nice to know it'd bother you, then. :confused:
    I don't know about anyone else but I can't love someone that much and then just be fine if they left.
    It's easy for him to say that now, but if it ever happened it might be a different story entirely. A year ago I'd have thought like him, but then when my ex did leave me, last December/January, then wooooooooooooooooo it was pretty funny. I still feel it now, and I expect it will take many more months before the last traces of it fade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellisntitfor)
    It's easy for him to say that now, but if it ever happened it might be a different story entirely. A year ago I'd have thought like him, but then when my ex did leave me, last December/January, then wooooooooooooooooo it was pretty funny. I still feel it now, and I expect it will take many more months before the last traces of it fade.
    I think with him it's the fact that he can't imagine me leaving him so doesn't know how it would feel.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that Hope you feel better soon :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Maybe. :dontknow: Nothing in life is certain!

this :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I think with him it's the fact that he can't imagine me leaving him so doesn't know how it would feel.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that Hope you feel better soon :console:
    Yea it's similar here, I guess. I entertained all kinds of unpleasant fates but never did I bother thinking about her leaving me - it just didn't seem relevant or possible. I was quite naive really, with it being my first relationship. Has he had other girlfriends?

I feel just fine - thanks for the wishes though. I mean that it lingers with me, and always will - I'll never forget her or anything. Functionally, I've not been sad for quite a while. Or not nearly sad enough to take any kind of notice of it

ReputationRep:
    Certainly :yep: We've been together for four and a half years, living together for nearly a year of that now, and have been engaged for a month Plan is early 2011

(Original post by Jellynubbin)
    I'd love to, but I doubt it. We both know university is probably going to break us next year...

(and i don't mean to worry anyone who is going to uni and has bf/gf)
    Why do you think it will? We managed a 3.5-year international long-distance relationship right the way through uni, so why should you not be able to manage what is probably no more than a three-hour train ride? Just out of curiosity.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.