Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel useless being female watch

(Original post by smilesandhairdye)
    i think the main reason you perhaps haven't had many, or any boyfriends, is because of confidence. if you don't love yourself & believe in yourself & have confidence in yourself, then no-one else will. i'm 5'2 and have always loved my height, which shows through my confidence, so i've had no problem getting boyfriends.

and as for the people who was saying stuff about your size, put them right! stand up for yourself, the word will soon get around that you are strong both physically and mentally and people will stop making remarks.

your height is something that you cannot change, so you have to start accepting it and your confidence will soon grow. i also agree with taking up a martial arts class!
    ok thanks, about the guy thing I do actually have confidence in that Im happy with how I look I work out etc but Im just not facially pretty which doesn't help. But I have confidence its just others don't see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok thanks, about the guy thing I do actually have confidence in that Im happy with how I look I work out etc but Im just not facially pretty which doesn't help. But I have confidence its just others don't see it.
    I think you're fine, so what if you're small, if everyone in the world was the same the world would be very strange and boring.

To be honest about the restraining problem and not beng allowed to get involved I think you are probably better off not getting involved, it can be dangerous. I am a pretty skinny guy and in most situations I could probably get beaten down by most of these people. Me and a mate tried to stop a fight once and ended up thinking better of it when one of the guys said something along the lines of, but not as polite: "Go away or I'll have you lying on the floor too..." I admit as I guy people expect you to intervene and not back down but this guy was big and probably could have knocked me out if he wanted to and I felt a right idiot walking away. So it's not just girls and small people who have problems like that.

As for the you don't think you are facially pretty comment, not a lot of people think they are, just think of all the people around the world who others make fun of and seriously call ugly, that's something to be down about but I'm sure you don't get comments like that. You work out so you probably have a nice figure and I'm guessing you are actually quite pretty too.

Also about the traveling and so on, girls can be a big target for rape and stabbings but so can guys, a guy could be walking back from the pub and could get attacked and stabbed by a gang. I've been chased once after some guys tried to rob me and I luckily escaped and hid behind a shop so it's not just girls. I am scared when I am walking around somewhere that looks a bit strange and worrying, I think nearly everyone would be unless they are some sort of wrestler or martial arts expert. And guys can get caught in honey traps and all sorts.

Being a small girl isn't really a bad thing at all, all of those problems you described are similar to problems nearly everyone would have despite their gender, age or height.

ReputationRep:
    the only answer worth considering: make everyone like you! To be able to bring out the best in everyone is a priceless, regardless of situation. Simple...

ReputationRep:
    I can hook you up with Steroids and Growth Hormone

make you all manly n stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been mistaken for a boy though lol. I don't get any guys really
    What! Just relax, don't worry about your size, it is not a problem.

I am getting deja vu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotterg5)
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm half an inch shy off six foot, and I'd love to be tiny. The tiny girls get all the guys Also, you'll never get mistaken for a transvestite.
    u cant be serious ??
    plus ur not that tall, i'm mates with girls who are 6ft and they look as feminine as 5ft girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    u cant be serious ??
    plus ur not that tall, i'm mates with girls who are 6ft and they look as feminine as 5ft girls
    See, that's what I would have thought, but meh. I'm not manly looking at all. Perhaps one shouldn't take the opinion of drunk old men to heart too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotterg5)
    See, that's what I would have thought, but meh. I'm not manly looking at all. Perhaps one shouldn't take the opinion of drunk old men to heart too much
    there u go

plus its well cool to have a tall gf, atleast no neck pain after a while of kissing :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Im not allowed to restrain because Im not qualified to do it but I was chatting about it after with the other nurses and one of them said 'tbh with your small build it would be impossible to restrain someone in most cases anyway' I just stood there thinking well Id not be on my own others would be helping lol
    You might be able to get qualified anyway, the people doing the training probably understand that you often won't be the only one doing restraining.

When I was at uni the student union hired students as bouncers and they specifically said that height wasn't an issue, because if you were short they'd adapt the training so you learn suitable techniques. Maybe for the restraint training they'll have something similar.

Id also like to go travelling sometime on my own but my mum and nan are saying 'oh its not safe' you'l get raped/knifed' and all that.
    If it's a developed modern city then you'll be fine, just avoid the dodgy areas at night. Most lonely planets, etc. will have sections telling you which areas to avoid.

If it's somewhere dodgy or empty, then your chances of getting attacked are about the same as everyone else, regardless of height/gender/etc.

I don't really dress up and go out though Im quite a tomboy and just enjoy sport I don't have good social skills lol it just drains my energy.
    I wouldn't worry about that short tomboy girls can be pretty cute

ReputationRep:
    I know another reply telling you not to worry about it might not make you feel much better but it's true, I'm 5ft nothing and I used to be really concious about my height but the worry seems to have faded away over time as I've got more confidence.

As for the restraining thing, if you do get qualified to do it one day, when I was younger and would play out on the grass with my guy friend we'd wrestle and I'd always dive for the legs and wrap around them Bit of weight to one side and they fall and aren't going anywhere! And then obviously you might have someone else to deal with anything sharp and stabby they might be holding up the other end lol who says small girls can't do stuff!

Besides, we're vertically challenged is all

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.