Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dont worry

(Original post by rotor)
    Quite a random question but Im just wondering towards the end of parliament recess, do party leaders actually go back to work in their office? Same with the shadow cabinet.
    (just because i want to know before I apply for some internships)
    Im sure party leaders/shadow cabinet members would go to their office around september, right? To prepare etc. Esp senior members?
    quite a lot of MP's will have interns in over the summer, I can't remember the website address, but there is somewhere you can go to see which local MP's etc are having interns in. I would suspect it will be linked to from the main parliament.gov.uk website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    quite a lot of MP's will have interns in over the summer, I can't remember the website address, but there is somewhere you can go to see which local MP's etc are having interns in. I would suspect it will be linked to from the main parliament.gov.uk website.
    Thank you for that! But would I be able to work WITH the MP actually? I thought in recess they dont need interns as they're not there lol!

(Original post by rotor)
    Thank you for that! But would I be able to work WITH the MP actually? I thought in recess they dont need interns as they're not there lol!
    they don't go to parliament but they still do a few things, most of the summer vacation is preparing for the next year so you do have some contact with the MP's though most of the work is menial paperwork bit of filing and faxing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.