Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely. She should be feminine. If she's a girl she should be girly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saff123)
    I'm not attracted to ladettes, I prefer women who exude their femininity. Cutsy is fine, tigresses are equally as good. But I'm not attracted to someone who is eager to out drink me, screams and shout everywhere, and flashes bypasses after a night out.

there was this programme recently where this british correction school had taken like 10 ladettes to turn them into ladies and those girls were absolutly bonkers. They were all ladettes in their own ways like one was the foul mouthed stripper, another the drinking man imitator...it was mad and like they just found it so hard to just be normal girls, me and my friend just couldn't believe how hard they found it to just to ordinary like girl stuff. Although the one thing I thought was weird is that they were teaching them how to skin cows and shoot pheasants and go on fox hunts...which I didn't see having any relevence in turning them into ladies....

ReputationRep:
    Yer i like the whole cutesy thing. There are limits though, like when girls are overly obsessed with pink. That can get a bit much.

Manly women don't really do it for me. I was in pub once and there was this group of girls, i assume they were a rugby team or something. They were downing pints of old speckled hen ale. Wasn't into that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Would you like her to be all into her make-up and cutesy and whatnot?
    I like the cutesy look, not so much the make-up/dress-up thing though. I much prefer natural looking girls who look cute in jeans/tshirt.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think that all girls have a streak of the girly girl in them, even if they're hardcore tomboy types they still tend to have something girly about them I reckon....or at least its there to be cultivated some how or another. But as with everything I would hope that a guy goes for a girl cos shes smart and passionate and interesting and funny and those kinda things, then cos she likes pink and dresses like malibu barbie giggling at everything and anything.

ReputationRep:
    yeah would be good wouldn't won't them to be a butch woman

ReputationRep:
    Women are less funny then men, just look at the top comics, very few are women.
    Fair point, but I dont expect a girl to be a top comic, just laid back enough to laugh at a joke, or the lads banter, which my girlf isnt, no ones perfect though hahah

ReputationRep:
    I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    there was this programme recently where this british correction school had taken like 10 ladettes to turn them into ladies and those girls were absolutly bonkers.
    Im not keen on the idea of changing people, I'm sure those girls would find men who appreciated them for who they are.

Although the one thing I thought was weird is that they were teaching them how to skin cows and shoot pheasants and go on fox hunts...which I didn't see having any relevence in turning them into ladies....
    The British class system is in place then I see.:p:

I would like to think that all girls have a streak of the girly girl in them, even if they're hardcore tomboy types they still tend to have something girly about them I reckon....
    I absolutely adore tomboys :lovie:, sporty yet nerdy and uber smart girls who can just be themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Fair point, but I dont expect a girl to be a top comic, just laid back enough to laugh at a joke, or the lads banter, which my girlf isnt, no ones perfect though hahah
    If you ever see 30Rock the character of "Liz Lemon" is just that, she's 100% perfect girl, insaneley hot! sadly she's also fictional...heres a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKrAR6YBDI

ReputationRep:
    Im not keen on the idea of changing people, I'm sure those girls would find men who appreciated them for who they are.
    Oh no I didn't mean I approved of those girls changing it was just one weird ass show is all...

The British class system is in place then I see.:p:
    Eh....that stuff was just freaky and way off the kinda things that help someone become a "lady" or whatever

I absolutely adore tomboys :lovie:, sporty yet nerdy and uber smart girls who can just be themselves.
    Yeah I was pointing out the whole tomboys vs. girly girls stereotype thing I know a few tomboys who are also girlygirls and girlygirls who have tomboyish stuff...I don't think girls are so clear cut as being one type or the other, we're usually a mixture of sugar and spice.

ReputationRep:
    err sort of, i know a girl that doesn't really wear much face make up but always has jewellery and always has nail varnish on, so these little things are cute and she can still have a laugh and talk about anything, which is more attractive than the cutesy stuff

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a girly girl, going to an all girl's school and stuff...and since I only have a sister I never had a strong male influence.

However, since going to uni I've made really strong friendships with male friends, and I actually prefer hanging out with them...and not exactly being a 'ladette' but having banter with them. And we go on surfing trips etc, jam with guitars and things...and I love doing things that are unconventional for girls to do. But it doesn't mean I let myself go or anything, I'll still make an effort to look nice, but I don't exactly 'doll myself up' with pink lipstick and hair extensions like I used to, it's much more natural with an insouciant attitude.

And it's funny, I've never had more male attention since I've dropped the whole 'girly girl' thing. When I meet up with my old friends from school I notice how irritating and giggly they are...and the guys that used to fancy them a few years ago now fancy me. It's weird.

So in that sense, I assume guys aren't really into girly girls that much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    Oh no I didn't mean I approved of those girls changing it was just one weird ass show is all...
    I know like the BBC three "snog, marry, avoid" (i watch way too much junk TV.

Eh....that stuff was just freaky and way off the kinda things that help someone become a "lady" or whatever
    Since coming back to the UK its really weired how the class system still works.

Yeah I was pointing out the whole tomboys vs. girly girls stereotype thing I know a few tomboys who are also girlygirls and girlygirls who have tomboyish stuff...I don't think girls are so clear cut as being one type or the other, we're usually a mixture of sugar and spice.
    True, I was thinking about how impossibly difficult it is to articulate what we all look for in a partner.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's generally nice for girls to act feminine i'd say. Some girls are very ditzy and some aren't, I'm not sure which type I find more attractive, i'd hazard a guess at the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sucker for girly girls. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

That could just be angina thought....

ReputationRep:
    no I wouldn't be interested.

I'm not interested in 'cutesy' stuff like this - I'm not saying it's WRONG to be interested in that.

But my interests are in politics, economics, finance, sport, cars, computer games, technology etc - if there's no overlap between me and the woman then WHAT ON EARTH would be talk about that was semi-interesting?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    another fine example.

not only is her username after a disney character, but even has a heart

x
    I will admit I am a huge girly girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Pointless thread
    This

I want a girly girl, I want a cute little girl I can hold and take care of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    I used to be a girly girl, going to an all girl's school and stuff...and since I only have a sister I never had a strong male influence.

However, since going to uni I've made really strong friendships with male friends, and I actually prefer hanging out with them...and not exactly being a 'ladette' but having banter with them. And we go on surfing trips etc, jam with guitars and things...and I love doing things that are unconventional for girls to do. But it doesn't mean I let myself go or anything, I'll still make an effort to look nice, but I don't exactly 'doll myself up' with pink lipstick and hair extensions like I used to, it's much more natural with an insouciant attitude.

And it's funny, I've never had more male attention since I've dropped the whole 'girly girl' thing. When I meet up with my old friends from school I notice how irritating and giggly they are...and the guys that used to fancy them a few years ago now fancy me. It's weird.

So in that sense, I assume guys aren't really into girly girls that much?
    I used to date a girl who took forever to get dressed, even if all we were planning on doing is have a stroll in the park with a latte discussing the impact electric light bulbs have on our lives. She wouldn't do anything remotely adventurous or new canoeing, trekking.

Its a mix of being a friend in every real sense, as well as a lover, as comfortable in a cocktail dress, as you are in jeans and a sweatshirt, which most men I think want in a relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.