Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: Do you like girly girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what you mean by girly really, im not sure how id define it, so im not sure lol.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    I like cute feminine girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    I like cute feminine girls.
    do you mean this physically? or in their behaviour.

have a guess which girl I would chose:

Girl A: confident, well educated, outgoing, top skiier, can ride a motorbike, mountain-bikes, works as a management consultant, writes a weekly political commentary, does off-road rallying.

Girl B: shy, meek, suppressed, housewife (but not married), expects the man to be the breadwinner, giggles at virtually anything, obsesses about her appearance, sees excessive education as 'unwomanly', not prepared to have 'unwomanly' interests, ditzy, main interest being 'going out and getting drunk with ma mates'.

Easy choice for me, what about you?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Be cute not crazy or annoying, the same goes for your friends really, girly girls can have very annoying friends.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Girl B: shy, meek, suppressed, housewife (but not married), expects the man to be the breadwinner, giggles at virtually anything, obsesses about her appearance, sees excessive education as 'unwomanly', not prepared to have 'unwomanly' interests, ditzy, main interest being 'going out and getting drunk with ma mates'.

squish.
    Unfortunately some girls are actually just like this. I know what you mean when you say "housewife (but not married)".

I'd like a mixture of both A and B please.

ReputationRep:

Girl A: confident, well educated, outgoing, top skiier, can ride a motorbike, mountain-bikes, works as a management consultant, writes a weekly political commentary, does off-road rallying.

squish.
    Like a stylish chiq french girl rather than a girl that wants to wrestle and have burping contests.

ReputationRep:
    Like a stylish chiq french girl rather than a girl that wants to wrestle and have burping contests.
    But burping isn't a 'masculine' thing - it's just a vulgar thing.

She can be chic and all the other things that Girl A was in the previous post I made - all that means is that she has good etiquette, not that she is 'girly'.

squish.

ReputationRep:

squish.
    Which one you would choose?

The one in her 40's I'd imagine :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Which one you would choose?

The one in her 40's I'd imagine :teeth:
    A of course.

quality is essential.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    A of course.

quality is essential.

squish.
    Wouldn't her menopause and children put you off?

ReputationRep:
    Not in the least fussed.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't her menopause and children put you off?
    oh no you misunderstood.

I wasn't going on about a 40 yr old woman - I said that I would definitely prefer girl A to girl B in the scenario.

Age is irrelevant tbh though if she is financially secure and works as a management consultant then the likelihood is she will be over 20.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    No. My girlfriend doesn't wear much makeup at all (she doesn't need it neither from my POV) and she isn't exactly what I'd call proper "girly" per-*******-fect

ReputationRep:
    i think both girly girls and less girly girls have their pros and cons
    tbh it really does depend on the individual, what their other interests are etc

ReputationRep:
    i think both girly girls and less girly girls have their pros and cons
    tbh it really does depend on the individual, what their other interests are etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saff123)
    If you ever see 30Rock the character of "Liz Lemon" is just that, she's 100% perfect girl, insaneley hot! sadly she's also fictional...heres a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKrAR6YBDI
    Alec Baldwin was outrageously funny. "Cookie in the middle of the day?" (Jack) / "I gave blood" (Liz) / "Does that burn calories?" (Jack). :p:

ReputationRep:
    Having a feminine appearance, wearing skirts, etc is attractive, but being over the top girly in personality can be irritating.

Girly girls can be a bad advert for their gender and contribute to sexism because they mean girls don't get taken seriously, where I work the boss (male) will have long intellectual discussions with us about politics, culture etc, but the girls sit round discussing hair products and make up, then they complain that the boss doesn't take them as seriously as he does us.....its their own fault for the kind of image they are creating.

Also I live with 2 girls, one of which is very girly girly, one isn't, the girly one had her friends coming up to visit her over the weekend and she spent the three hours before they arrived jumping up and down telling us how excited she was about 40 times, then when they were a bit late because their train had been delayed we had to have a massive panic about where they were, then when they actually arrived she burst into tears and started jumping up and down hyperventilating. It irritated the crap out of not only me but the other girl, originally we were going to all go out together but me and the other girl decided this girly crew would be a nightmare so we stayed at home and watched Predator on DVD instead. GET TO DA CHOPPER.

ReputationRep:
    A girl similar to Sofia Serrano (Penelope Cruz) in Vanilla Sky is the definition of perfection.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.