The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

a_t
This

I want a girly girl, I want a cute little girl I can hold and take care of :biggrin:

They aren't....pets.
i love girly girls.......
Reply 62
Saff123
I know like the BBC three "snog, marry, avoid" (i watch way too much junk TV.

LOL yeah the programme I watched was a one-off sort of thing...won't be watching that anytime soon again! Reality TV is so vile....

Saff123
Since coming back to the UK its really weired how the class system still works.

Where are you "coming back" from?

Saff123
True, I was thinking about how impossibly difficult it is to articulate what we all look for in a partner.:woo:

Isn't that always the case, you can't say one thing without discriminating or insulting somthing/someone else. Most of the time on TSR I've found its best not to voice any strong opinions because you will just get slated for it no matter what.
Reply 63
Meenapixi
LOL yeah the programme I watched was a one-off sort of thing...won't be watching that anytime soon again! Reality TV is so vile....

I hadn't lived with a TV for 2 years, so I went a little nuts when I moved into digs that had one. Reality TV does seem to saturate the air waves, I noticed the obsession with property in the UK through reality TV: Selling houses, buying houses, moving to a country house, an American or Australian house, building your house, interior design...

Where are you "coming back" from?

New England, US.

Isn't that always the case, you can't say one thing without discriminating or insulting somthing/someone else. Most of the time on TSR I've found its best not to voice any strong opinions because you will just get slated for it no matter what.
I would just put it out there, whats the worst that could happen? You loose one of those green squarely dot thingys and gain a red one.

(I'm not suggesting you revert to employing obscenities involving their momma, oh no I'm not.)
I was once told by a guy that I was a "girly girl" and "tbh girly girls are the best"
Reply 65
Alec Baldwin was outrageously funny. "Cookie in the middle of the day?" (Jack) / "I gave blood" (Liz) / "Does that burn calories?" (Jack).

Finally a 30 Rock fan, I have been mentioning it to people here, and no one has heard of it.

I like that it's so subversive; did you see the product placement sketch with snapple?

A girl similar to Sofia Serrano (Penelope Cruz) in Vanilla Sky is the definition of perfection.

Naa, I love Tina Fey's her nerdy glasses, and sloppy tomboy dress sense. Never been much of a Penelope Cruz fan, speaking of Spanish actresses I was taken with Paz Vega from "Spanglish" great comedy.
I'd prefer her not to be too materialistic, like loved upto her shoes, handbags, make-up etc. But, I appreciate she's a girl and will, naturally, have an interest in these things.
Reply 67
I'd rather have a girly girl than a manly girl. But the ideal is in between :yep:
Tomboys :coma:

The girl that still girlie, but likes sport, etc. But not the laddette who wants to outdrink me.
I hate girly girls tbh. Don't get me wrong, I spend a fortune on clothes and makeup, but I'm also wildly independant. I hate girls who have men waiting on them hand and foot, and if I can't open a jar, I'll keep going until I can open it - I'm also very stubborn lol. I'm a bit of a feminist, but I'm not at all butch in the stereotypical feminist sense.

Plus, I'd rather been seen a woman than a 'girl'.
Most of my guy mates always say they would prefer an in-between.

People like Paris Hilton are just eurg though.
Reply 71
Saff123
I hadn't lived with a TV for 2 years, so I went a little nuts when I moved into digs that had one. Reality TV does seem to saturate the air waves, I noticed the obsession with property in the UK through reality TV: Selling houses, buying houses, moving to a country house, an American or Australian house, building your house, interior design...

LOOL u hit the nail on the head there :p: although I don't mind those shows as much cos thats like day time television that I wouldn't be watching anyways...its the crap like "big brother" and "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!" or whatever its called...its degrading its like people sit in a board room thinking up programmes that can embarress and humiliate people on public TV...geee thats nice.

Saff123
New England, US.

:eek: I'm going to be moving TO america to go to Boston University :p:

Saff123
I would just put it out there, whats the worst that could happen? You loose one of those green squarely dot thingys and gain a red one.

(I'm not suggesting you revert to employing obscenities involving their momma, oh no I'm not.)

Well generally I do put it out there, but then I usually can't be assed to respond to those gimps who take everything said on here so seriously and begin torturing me with these proposterous responses to my opinions trying to seem all smarty-pantsy and its just like..."go awayyyy!" lol....some people take internet forums waaay to seriously and its just like lighten up you know?
Lady_KaKa
I was once told by a guy that I was a "girly girl" and "tbh girly girls are the best"

I get told that all the time....you're right - they are the best!! :smile:
the.white.rabbit

Absolutely :yep:
I like the best of both worlds myself.

Love football and am partial to a pint but also like dressing up for nights out and girly gossip.

On an average day I normally live in skinny jeans and a nice tshirt and don't really bother with makeup apart from mascara and lipgloss/balm. I am quite particular about my hair however, and won't leave the house until it's perfect. :cool:

To me there's nothing more exciting than going to a footie match or jumping around at a gig. :biggrin:
the.white.rabbit

Too much girly girl is soo annoying, but obviously macho is alot worse. personally i prefer normal girls (not that girly girls arnt normal).
yoyo462001
Too much girly girl is soo annoying, but obviously macho is alot worse. personally i prefer normal girls (not that girly girls arnt normal).

what do you define as too much?? :smile:
Ilora-Danon
I hate girly girls tbh. Don't get me wrong, I spend a fortune on clothes and makeup, but I'm also wildly independant. I hate girls who have men waiting on them hand and foot, and if I can't open a jar, I'll keep going until I can open it - I'm also very stubborn lol. I'm a bit of a feminist, but I'm not at all butch in the stereotypical feminist sense.

Plus, I'd rather been seen a woman than a 'girl'.

You are my favourite type of girl, I like a girl who is not afraid to challenge me, plus i'm a very argumentative person so it suits me.
I wouldn't if I was a guy, obsessing over their appearance, fashion, make-up and so on, giggling over nothing and being all cutesy-pie would really get on my nerves - I'd want a girlfriend who would play sports with me and not worry about messing up their appearance. This doesn't mean I'd want a really butch girlfriend of course.
Reply 79
No, I like girls like Megan Fox :coma:

Latest

Trending

Trending