Turn on thread page Beta

Asking a friend for support and then they dont help watch

I have been having a few problems lately. I really needed some support from a friend tonight. I text them earlier saying could we talk or msn or text because they know im feeling rubbish.

Come now and nothing. They would have read it to because they have updated stuff etc.

I feel bad that im relying on a friend now, but i dont normally ask for help.

:emo: Anyone know why they would do it?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you beat someone up?

ReputationRep:
    No pm me, I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been having a few problems lately. I really needed some support from a friend tonight. I text them earlier saying could we talk or msn or text because they know im feeling rubbish.

Come now and nothing. They would have read it to because they have updated stuff etc.

I feel bad that im relying on a friend now, but i dont normally ask for help.

:emo: Anyone know why they would do it?
    Given that I'm a stranger and may be able to provide some impartial help, feel free to PM me; I'd be glad to do what I can.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, they suck.

Feel free to PM me if you want someone to talk to?

ReputationRep:
    maybe your friends don't know what to say, or think someone else will reply; they sound pretty lousy.

ReputationRep:
    Txts can be dodgy soemtimes... I don't always get all of mine and even when I do they are sometimes a hour or so late.

I guess so, i text them a good few hours ago though. Plus they normally text back instantly and get angry with really late replys

ReputationRep:
    If you need to talk to someone, it may be an idea to talk to the samaritans, if you really need someone to lead a ear.

However i sense the issue is more the fact that your friends is not being there, maybe there is a reason they havent replied, it is okay to jump to conclusions but i would think about the other factors first. They may not be in the greated state of mind currently so couldnt really support you very well. Talk to them next time you can about it.

ReputationRep:
    Spometimes people don't know what to say in difficult situations, but I can be of use so you can always PM me!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.