Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete.

Ok, I know it was bad but I logged in to my boyfriends facebook account. I know his password and he knows mine, and I've logged in before to upload his photos and he doesn't mind. I logged in today to upload a photo of us I took today. Then a chat box came up from a girl. He must have been logged in at the same time because I could see the conversation they were having. She is someone he has known in the past. I vaguely remember him telling me about him kissing her ages ago, but I could be mistake as to whether this is the same girl.
    Anyway, she asked him whether he has a girlfriend. His reply was this: 'mmm yeah-ish. things aren't going so peachy. mmmm, we argue alot it seems and shes off on hol for 2 weeks'. This was before he realised that she has a partner herself. He also suggested meeting up for a catch up.
    I'm confused. Is this something I should be ok with after four years of being together - 'mmm yeah-ish' ???? I feel betrayed, I would never admit flaws in our relationship to someone I hadn't spoken to in years.
    Please don't have a go about being on his facebook about. Please, what should I do? I feel hurt

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him first.

If you find he doesn't see the relationship going the way you thought it was going, then dump his sorry ass.

Sorry to hear it by the way :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

Ok, I know it was bad but I logged in to my boyfriends facebook account. I know his password and he knows mine, and I've logged in before to upload his photos and he doesn't mind. I logged in today to upload a photo of us I took today. Then a chat box came up from a girl. He must have been logged in at the same time because I could see the conversation they were having. She is someone he has known in the past. I vaguely remember him telling me about him kissing her ages ago, but I could be mistake as to whether this is the same girl.
    Anyway, she asked him whether he has a girlfriend. His reply was this: 'mmm yeah-ish. things aren't going so peachy. mmmm, we argue alot it seems and shes off on hol for 2 weeks'. This was before he realised that she has a partner herself. He also suggested meeting up for a catch up.
    I'm confused. Is this something I should be ok with after four years of being together - 'mmm yeah-ish' ???? I feel betrayed, I would never admit flaws in our relationship to someone I hadn't spoken to in years.
    Please don't have a go about being on his facebook about. Please, what should I do? I feel hurt
    I had a really similar situation to this, but tis a bit long and complicated. PM me if you want to chat.

ReputationRep:
    I would be honest with explain that you know each other's facebook passwords and why you were on it, and the chat popped up. You haven't done anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Lesson 1: Don't treat a relationship as your life and give it so much of importance.

Now, since you've already done that you've got to solve the current issue. I'd suggest that you talk to him about it. 4 years? He's probably bored of you and is looking for a bit of fun, maybe? Anyway, you've got to talk to him. Do not try and avoid the issue.

ReputationRep:
    Upload all naked pictures of him on his facebook, that will teach him.

confront him
    if he doesnt mind you going on his facebook then he cant complain
    he sounds like he was open to suggestion by that girl, to give her the impression if she tried, she might be able to have him

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, my heart is breaking for you. I have been in a similar situation myself.

Talk to him about it. I think you have a right to be upset.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I've had that happen to me before....and it really really hurt! I thought things were peachy and it ate up at me for ages, I talked about it with everyone but him..but eventually he figured something was wrong and it all came out. It's better to hear the truth rather than speculate about it, it just makes you think the worse.

ReputationRep:
    lol tell him what happened, and if he doesnt give you an answer that toootally reassures u then its not good lol n maybe you should end it. its cliched but u seriously deserve more than that, especially after four years. good luck x
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What a *******. Talk to him about it and then dump his sorry ass.

ReputationRep:
    Kick him in the ******** REALLY hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    confront him
    if he doesnt mind you going on his facebook then he cant complain
    he sounds like he was open to suggestion by that girl, to give her the impression if she tried, she might be able to have him
    This. It seems like he's playing down your relationship to anyone he thinks he might have a shot with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie_bird)
    You should ******* kill him the betraying basard.
    THIS. 'Yeah-ish'!!!???, you've been with him for FOUR years!

ReputationRep:
    I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever give my girlfriend my facebook password. not in a million billiona trillion years.

ReputationRep:
    Well he obviously doesn't feel he's got anything to hide if he allows you to know his password. If I were you I would explain it to him as you have on here, that you were simply logging in to upload a picture and the conversation popped up. After four years you would kind of expect that you're both on the same page with regards to your relationship, so you should give him the opportunity to voice his concerns.

ReputationRep:
    So he is meeting up with an old friend and he said you are going on holiday. Yeah he is a right male chicken...

ReputationRep:
    this whole thing does not make sense.

its not possible for a facebook account to be open at two different computers, and hence you could not have seen that conversation running...

unless this is me being silly and it was an old conversation?

ReputationRep:
    youre lucky, could have taken ages for you to find out what a creep he is

(Original post by ac132)
    this whole thing does not make sense.

its not possible for a facebook account to be open at two different computers, and hence you could not have seen that conversation running...

unless this is me being silly and it was an old conversation?
    It is possible, because it happened before my very eyes.

I know for definite that this girl is an ex girlfriend of his. The bit that hurts is how he answered 'yeah-ish' to when asked whether he has a girlfriend atm. I love this guy with all my heart

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.