Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Then a chat box came up from a girl. He must have been logged in at the same time because I could see the conversation they were having.
    That is awesome, i would aim to do that every time.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you wouldn't admit flaws in your relationship, doesn't mean others won't. The guy didn't do anything wrong - he's just being honest about his feeling. I think you and other people here are being overly paranoid. Solution: Talk to him about what's been troubling him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever give my girlfriend my facebook password. not in a million billiona trillion years.
    True that :yep:

(Original post by Tombola)
    Just because you wouldn't admit flaws in your relationship, doesn't mean others won't. The guy didn't do anything wrong - he's just being honest about his feeling. I think you and other people here are being overly paranoid. Solution: Talk to him about what's been troubling him.
    But to an ex who he hasn't spoken to in years?? I know exactly what is troubling him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    Oh yeah, because it would be so much better if she doesn't find out he's being a ****..?

I don't understand you.
    She would have found out in the end, these things always come out. Its just my opinion. My facebook account is something that I would never hand out my password for, just because theres 2/3 years worth of stuff on there that is private to me, and yeah, if a boyfriend of mine went through my facebook he might find stuff that could be detrimental to a relationship even if I technically "had nothing to hide". The point is that looking at private stuff like this often ends badly as people can be so easily hurt by stuff thats not even important.

I'm not asking for you to understand me, ok thanks :rolleyes:

edit; OP just talk to your boyfriend. People on TSR can throw around insults and advice like "dump him" etc but only you can know what to do and where the problem is in your relationship, if there is one.

ReputationRep:
    why couldn't you add pics from your own account anyways? sorry if this has already been asked

ReputationRep:
    talk it over............................ ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neiljeff123)
    youre lucky, could have taken ages for you to find out what a creep he is
    How is she lucky? It took her four years to find out what a ******* he is, that is ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But to an ex who he hasn't spoken to in years?? I know exactly what is troubling him.
    I think the ex part is exactly what's messing you up. If he was telling it to another friend, would you have felt different?

The Yeah-ish part is obviously referring to the relationship being unstable recently. Come on, he's been with you for so long. Have a little faith in him and talk things through.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, he is definitely wanting to stray from you, the way he says "yeah-ish".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Lol.

I can only laugh at couples who give each other their email/facebook passwords, credit cards, debit pin, house keys etc. This leads to them no longer being individuals and is asking for trouble. Is it not possible to lead an individual life, giving each other space, and yet be in a relationship?

Nope, because then the guy/girl gets away with speaking to random exes stating that they are 'ish' with their partner of 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever give my girlfriend my facebook password. not in a million billiona trillion years.
    spot on, DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT TO ANYONE COZ IN THE END THEY JUST FLUFF YOU OVER WITH IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Nope, because then the guy/girl gets away with speaking to random exes stating that they are 'ish' with their partner of 4 years.
    Thats stupid. You can't keep tabs on a bf/gf all the time. A key element to a relationship is TRUST! Whatever happened before things like facebook existed? Geees! I would consider myself hugely invading a boyfriends privacy if I read his texts, emails, went through his facebook etc. But hey, maybe I'm just not that paranoid :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP - i'd be raging. How dare he belittle the relationship like that?! That's what i'd be thinking anyway. But you sound more hurt than raged which is understandable, we're all different.

If you arn't honest about what you read it'll eat you up and eventually come out which will be worse. Talk to him now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Thats stupid. You can't keep tabs on a bf/gf all the time. A key element to a relationship is TRUST! Whatever happened before things like facebook existed? Geees! I would consider myself hugely invading a boyfriends privacy if I read his texts, emails, went through his facebook etc. But hey, maybe I'm just not that paranoid :rolleyes:

I was joking. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would ask him what he meant by that comment. Bare in mind though that sometimes people you do not know so well are the easiest to talk to, regarding issues such as this.

I hope you talk to him and work it out Dont start immediately talking to him like he has done something wrong. He will be very defensive, and will not talk to you about the flaws he feels there are between you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    I was joking. :rolleyes:
    Apologies, sarcasm isn't all that easy to pick up through a keyboard y'know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac132)
    this whole thing does not make sense.

its not possible for a facebook account to be open at two different computers, and hence you could not have seen that conversation running...

unless this is me being silly and it was an old conversation?
    Yes it is I did it yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you deserve better.

Ditch the *******. FOUR ******* YEARS!!!!

Don't wait to get hurt. You should go have a one night stand so that you can have the last laugh when he tells you what he's been up to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    This. It seems like he's playing down your relationship to anyone he thinks he might have a shot with.
    Have to agree with this. Kick his ass tbh!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.