Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the most part I try to justify both parts' actions, but...

In this case, I'm really sorry to hear about that OP, I think you'd dump his sorry ass...

I hope he then comes crawling back to you, so you can give him the mercy kill.

ReputationRep:
    Why does 90% of life relate back to facebook??

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do. DON'T TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT. He clearly has you brainwashed, you need to a cold, calculated plan on how to ruin him. Chances are this is not the first time he's done this.

ReputationRep:
    He is definetly playing down your relationship of 4 YEARS! If you have issues, you should try and sort them out together instead of chatting up/getting with other people because that will just make everything worse.

Basically, just be straight with him. Say you read the convo and he's the one who gave you his password anyway so it shouldn't matter that much. Ask him what he means by 'yeah-ish'.

He could be thinking of breaking up with you, or cheating behind your back. It really doesn't look good and if he has no intention of sorting things out then tell him to get the **** out.

Btw the same conversation can't run simoultaneously on two different computers as when one logs in the other gets logged out, but the 2nd person who logged in can see the chat window that was open previously as the chat history is saved for a while.

Also how old are both of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Why does 90% of life relate back to facebook??
    Because other people put so much significance on virtual communication. Nowadays, if a guy sends a girl a message with an "x" on the end, that girl will probably analyse this for about 10 minutes.

It's the same with the OP's boyfriend talking to that girl. The girl probably thinks, "Oh great, he only 'sorta' has a girlfriend, so I may have a shot!"

Or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Apologies, sarcasm isn't all that easy to pick up through a keyboard y'know.

Yeah i know. I always take things wrong on here.

ReputationRep:
    did you recently have a disagreement? maybe this is why he was hesitant

ReputationRep:
    Carry on stalking this prick until you get details of where they will meet up next, grab your best shotgun and then BAM! And then for purely cinematic reasons say "You sir are dumped!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac132)
    this whole thing does not make sense.

its not possible for a facebook account to be open at two different computers, and hence you could not have seen that conversation running...

unless this is me being silly and it was an old conversation?
    Yes you can.. Happened with my ex, although it was just me watching my ex have a conversation with one of her friends, wondered what was going on till I realised the chat bar is actually live and could log onto multiple PCs and watch it..

Sure, he shouldn't have said "yeah-ish" about being with you, but everyone here is going way over the top.

You could be misinterpreting it (My girlfriend has done this a million times)
    You don't know the relationship fully between him and her

This is why YOU DON'T LOOK AT YOUR SPOUSES CONVERSATIONS.

He is allowed to discuss his problems with any of his friends, her included. Maybe she happens to be the best listener in the world?

To be honest, if you're like this, I know exactly why he is not feeling good about the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Hear Hear Anon 3.
    I'd be surprised if there was anything unusual coming out of this situation.

ReputationRep:
    he's clearly looking for alternatives and is not completely satisfied with your relationship. if you do talk to him i feel it'd end things but maybe that's what's for best.

ReputationRep:
    I know this may come as a surprise but if he is unhappy in a relationship then he is likely to remain in it until he has an alternative. Men are quite possessive in this sense even though it appears counter-productive to their own happiness. His unhappiness might manifest itself physically, and he may inappropriately touch or cheat on you because he cannot bring himself to end the relationship. He does not do it maliciously, and a number of the female comments are rather excessive and irrational, but because he feels he cannot communicate with you.

If you cannot talk to him in person about this then I would suggest leaving him a written note explaining absolutely everything, and question his desire to remain in a relationship. It will give him time to calm down and give you an appropriate response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie_bird)
    You should ******* kill him the betraying basard.
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Kick him in the ******** REALLY hard
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    What a *******. Leave him.
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    OMFG I LOVE the thing in your signature! I LOVE that song its soooo hilarious :p:

And I agree with this guy's advice, kick him in the balls and then dump his sorry sorry sorry waste of a living being ass. Then kick him once more in the balls to really drive the message home.
    I would really like to know how this kind of thing is in any way helpful, some people dont like to treat the people they love like that. Imagine the **** I would get if I said : ''my gf said something she shouldnt have, I think I should smack her round the head'' I am sure the above people would be the first to call me scum etc yet advise people to do exactly that. :rolleyes:

OP, you have admitted there are problems in your relationship.....yet it seems like you both havent done a damn thing to change that and it is hardly surprising that a guy would have doubts about a reltionship that has problems. He shouldnt have said what he did, but tbh you dont know what he meant or how he feels, just like with most of the problems on TSR, they would be better solved, not by talking to the idiots here, but talking to your boyfriend.
    Dont take any **** from him, but jumping to conclusions and accusing someone of wanting to cheat or something when they may have just been confiding in someone they used to be close with would not be a good plan.

funny how so many people are condoning this invasion of privacy/ admitting they've been nosey themselves in the past (mostly women it seems), threads like this put me off relationships even more than I already am/ make me glad that I'd NEVER tell my facebook password or phone PIN to another person.

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure that if someone logs into your facebook at the same time as you, you get logged out and have to log back in.

ReputationRep:
    I think he was probably caught in the moment and wanted to see if the girl was still interested. Men are revolting in their self-obsession at times... and this seems to be a projection of his ego. I am sure he just wanted to see if he 'still had it' as it were, which is particularly likely if you guys have been going for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    he obviously knew you were reading it, he;s not gonna give you his password if he was cheating on you or planning to ,he was winding you up probably.

ReputationRep:
    He blatantly wanted to hook up with her if she had bin up for it, playing down your relationship and mentioning you were going away, what a ****! Maybe he thinks your relationship is going fine, but he regularly cheats/thinks it is ok to cheat. Either way dump the ******* and save your self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    He blatantly wanted to hook up with her if she had bin up for it, playing down your relationship and mentioning you were going away, what a ****! Maybe he thinks your relationship is going fine, but he regularly cheats/thinks it is ok to cheat. Either way dump the ******* and save your self esteem.
    I think you've topped the stupid posts in this thread.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.