Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That's awful. He sounds like a complete prat. Come on, telling this girl that you're going on holiday is him basically saying "So yeah, let's hook up while she's not here ". I know that sounds horrible but considering they have history together etc. it makes sense. He sounds like an idiot and you need to get rid. But it's probably best just talking to him about it. Tell him you were on there putting up pics for him and that you saw what was said. Confront him and see what excuse he comes up with. Then it's up to you to decide whether he's as serious about you as you are him. It just makes me wonder what would have happened if this girl had been single at the time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It is possible, because it happened before my very eyes.

I know for definite that this girl is an ex girlfriend of his. The bit that hurts is how he answered 'yeah-ish' to when asked whether he has a girlfriend atm. I love this guy with all my heart
    God, I'm so sorry to hear that :console:

I really think the only way forward here is to talk to him about it and be honest about what happened.

Similarly, be honest and explain that you love him with all your heart and that you're deeply upset by what he's said.

The more you're left on your own with a chance to think about things, the bigger it will grow in your mind and the more it'll distort itself.

Not that I'm excusing his actions in the slightest but maybe he was having just one moment of weakness and would have opened up to anyone who talked to him? I'm not sure.

I really hope it gets sorted out though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    I would really like to know how this kind of thing is in any way helpful, some people dont like to treat the people they love like that. Imagine the **** I would get if I said : ''my gf said something she shouldnt have, I think I should smack her round the head'' I am sure the above people would be the first to call me scum etc yet advise people to do exactly that. :rolleyes:
    *pats* there there, as a boy I don't expect you to understand the inner workings of the female crazy, we see kicking a guy in the balls as an acceptable form of physical abuse...well at least I do, smacking him around the head would be criminal but kicking him in the balls merits all rights as it gives sufficient ventage, whilst being adequetly painful, yet not somthing that could really cause any long term damage. Unless of course one decided to mace him in the balls rather than kick him. But I wouldn't advise that really :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    *pats* there there, as a boy I don't expect you to understand the inner workings of the female crazy, we see kicking a guy in the balls as an acceptable form of physical abuse...well at least I do, smacking him around the head would be criminal but kicking him in the balls merits all rights as it gives sufficient ventage, whilst being adequetly painful, yet not somthing that could really cause any long term damage. Unless of course one decided to mace him in the balls rather than kick him. But I wouldn't advise that really :p:
    I couldn't decide if you were being serious or not. If you are... :facepalm:

(Original post by davidac)
    So Anon, what is the problem in your relationship? What is it that's bothering him? You've already admitted that you know what it is, and since you're posting anonymously, you should have no problem telling us what it is. Is the sex crap, are you a moody **** all the time? You've obviously done something to bore the living **** out of this poor lad.
    The problem is arguing over tiny things. But I guessed that wasn't a massive thing in the huge scope of things. We still have fun and enjoy each others company and miss each other when we are apart. I don't know. I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is arguing over tiny things. But I guessed that wasn't a massive thing in the huge scope of things. We still have fun and enjoy each others company and miss each other when we are apart. I don't know. I just don't know what to do.

The whole apart of being in a relationship is to be able to talk with each other and work out your differences, and if you're not willing to talk your problems through then neither of you deserve to be in a relationship no matter how much you 'love' each.

Maybe you just take each other for granted and that's why all these problems have come to a head?

ReputationRep:
    Clearly it is a major issue. And OP, you have to realise that most of the girls here telling you to dump him and kill him are just idiots.

You need to talk to him, find out what is wrong with him. He might have just been after an ego boost, and as someone earlier said, to see if he's "still got it"

Boys aren't as simple as some of the people here make them out to be.

TALK TO HIM.

ReputationRep:
    He' a ****. Talk to him and explain how you saw the conversation. You need to ask yourself whether you want to be with a man like him..who says yeah-ish about his gf of 4 yrs. You deserve respect not a man who's hinting at playing away during those two weeks your away.

ReputationRep:
    Most probably, you really should talk to him. It's trust that keeps the relationship going, it may of course sound cliche but if you don't do that, the relationship might just get worse and you be hurt in the end once again. :/

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact that you were on his FB for a totally innocent reason means that you can confront him. If not, he'd probably turn it around on you and say something about "invading his privacy" blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    I would be honest with explain that you know each other's facebook passwords and why you were on it, and the chat popped up. You haven't done anything wrong.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeybey)
    I think you've topped the stupid posts in this thread.
    HE is clearly trying to make it seem like he is available if this girl is interested.
    It isn't rocket science, if he is willing to cheat he has probably done it before, especially as they have bin together 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    he obviously knew you were reading it, he;s not gonna give you his password if he was cheating on you or planning to ,he was winding you up probably.
    That's a pretty messed up prank if that's even remotely true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Lesson 1: Don't treat a relationship as your life and give it so much of importance.

Now, since you've already done that you've got to solve the current issue. I'd suggest that you talk to him about it. 4 years? He's probably bored of you and is looking for a bit of fun, maybe? Anyway, you've got to talk to him. Do not try and avoid the issue.

Ouch, jaundiced cynicism?! How about 'no pain, no gain'.

But OP: talk to him about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)

Please tell me that you arent serious :eek: :confused:

If you are and you think that battery is okay this would makes me very sad, though tbh I dont think many women understand how a kick in the balls can cause very severe injury.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

Ok, I know it was bad but I logged in to my boyfriends facebook account. I know his password and he knows mine, and I've logged in before to upload his photos and he doesn't mind. I logged in today to upload a photo of us I took today. Then a chat box came up from a girl. He must have been logged in at the same time because I could see the conversation they were having. She is someone he has known in the past. I vaguely remember him telling me about him kissing her ages ago, but I could be mistake as to whether this is the same girl.
    Anyway, she asked him whether he has a girlfriend. His reply was this: 'mmm yeah-ish. things aren't going so peachy. mmmm, we argue alot it seems and shes off on hol for 2 weeks'. This was before he realised that she has a partner herself. He also suggested meeting up for a catch up.
    I'm confused. Is this something I should be ok with after four years of being together - 'mmm yeah-ish' ???? I feel betrayed, I would never admit flaws in our relationship to someone I hadn't spoken to in years.
    Please don't have a go about being on his facebook about. Please, what should I do? I feel hurt
    I think the major issue here is you went on his facebook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    HE is clearly trying to make it seem like he is available if this girl is interested.
    It isn't rocket science, if he is willing to cheat he has probably done it before, especially as they have bin together 4 years.
    Or maybe he was looking for an ego boost? There has been no evidence to suggest that OPs boyfriend was intending to cheat. There relationship is on the rocks, and she asked about it, so he told her it was bad. Perhaps the reason he said "oh and shes going away for 2 weeks" is because he will miss her?

All of you crazy women are taking this to the extreme, and OP if you act like half the girls on this thread he will end up dumping you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the people on this thread who have said you should talk to him first.

ReputationRep:
    he was obviously trying to downplay the relationship to her. he made the "year-ish" comment so that she'd think you two wern't all that serious ..

a girl once lied/downplayed having a fiancee to me in a similar mannor but i already knew she was engaged. when people do this it usually means they are interested in the other person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeybey)
    Or maybe he was looking for an ego boost? There has been no evidence to suggest that OPs boyfriend was intending to cheat. There relationship is on the rocks, and she asked about it, so he told her it was bad. Perhaps the reason he said "oh and shes going away for 2 weeks" is because he will miss her?

All of you crazy women are taking this to the extreme, and OP if you act like half the girls on this thread he will end up dumping you anyway.
    Saying she is going away for two weeks, immediately after saying the relationship is on the rocks to a girl he has hooked up with in the past = trying to hint he is available to hook up again.

Maybe he was just looking for an ego boost and wouldn't have actually gone through with cheating if the girl was up for it, but it still isn't great that he would even consider it and hint at the possibility.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.