Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It is possible, because it happened before my very eyes.

I know for definite that this girl is an ex girlfriend of his. The bit that hurts is how he answered 'yeah-ish' to when asked whether he has a girlfriend atm. I love this guy with all my heart
    really? well, thts rare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Saying she is going away for two weeks, immediately after saying the relationship is on the rocks to a girl he has hooked up with in the past = trying to hint he is available to hook up again.

Maybe he was just looking for an ego boost and wouldn't have actually gone through with cheating if the girl was up for it, but it still isn't great that he would even consider it and hint at the possibility.
    Oh I'm glad you know him well enough to tell us all exactly what he meant.

We don't know the exact words, we don't know their history, we don't know what the relationship is like right now. We've only got the OPs point of view, and in my experience, girls tend to add things in when they read something "wrong" and twist it into something that is much worse.

So OP, talk to your bf, find out what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeybey)
    Oh I'm glad you know him well enough to tell us all exactly what he meant.

We don't know the exact words, we don't know their history, we don't know what the relationship is like right now. We've only got the OPs point of view, and in my experience, girls tend to add things in when they read something "wrong" and twist it into something that is much worse.

So OP, talk to your bf, find out what is happening.
    More sense. Too many people on this thread are jumping to conclusions based on limited information. It's entirely possible that he meant she's leaving in two weeks time as a sign of saying: We've got problems relationship, and what's more is that she's leaving soon so we can't sort it out properly. It's pretty rubbish at the moment.

Speculation is pointless.

Jeez it's amazing how so many people can get so wound up over a word.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't decide if you were being serious or not. If you are... :facepalm:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    Please tell me that you arent serious :eek: :confused:

If you are and you think that battery is okay this would makes me very sad, though tbh I dont think many women understand how a kick in the balls can cause very severe injury.
    Chillllll mikeybey and Darkness and Mist take the chill pill and chillax to the max, I was kidding. I'm sure all the people who said "kick him in the balls" meant it metaphorically as a way to say "hes a ******* dump his ass" no need to go all freaked out, don't worry, your two gentlemen down below and the rest of the male populations' need not fear TSR women coming and kneeing them so hard that their fertility is jeopardized.

Although having said that....any man who crosses me the wrong way can't be assured of that safety... :mwuaha:

Now that thats cleared up, lets all just be chillin' like ice cream fillin' :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Let's ******* kill everyone!!!!111one!1eleven11!
    This.

Or maybe he was looking for an ego boost? There has been no evidence to suggest that OPs boyfriend was intending to cheat. There relationship is on the rocks, and she asked about it, so he told her it was bad. Perhaps the reason he said "oh and shes going away for 2 weeks" is because he will miss her?

All of you crazy women are taking this to the extreme, and OP if you act like half the girls on this thread he will end up dumping you anyway.
    The problem is that she never asked about our relationship. She simply asked whether he had a girlfriend, after which he instantly launched into telling her that our relationship isn't great atm

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that she never asked about our relationship. She simply asked whether he had a girlfriend, after which he instantly launched into telling her that our relationship isn't great atm
    So? It's not great is it?

I talk to people about my relationship, and some of those people are ex's/people I've had flings with. And if an old friend/ex popped up and I remember he being a good listener, I'd talk to her about it too.

ReputationRep:
    I had that with my ex, we ended up talking that night ( i didnt mention what i'd done) and we split up... for the best really althougha year and a half later he still "misses me" and wants another chance...

So? It's not great is it?

I talk to people about my relationship, and some of those people are ex's/people I've had flings with. And if an old friend/ex popped up and I remember he being a good listener, I'd talk to her about it too.
    Yes, it's not great. But we are working on it together. I suppose I am a very private kinda person, I don't even tell my best friend about our arguments. I see that as just part of being loyal, maybe thats wrong. I think its better to talk to him and only him about our problems. So when I read it, I felt he was being disloyal and like he was forgetting what a fantastic weekend we had just had together. That combined with talking about meeting up with her for a drink again just hurt

ReputationRep:
    You really need to talk to him. I did something like this, met a guy on a night out, we had a thing for each other about a year before. He asked me how things were with me and my boyfriend (all that was required was a 'fine' answer) and yet I ended up telling him everything.

Didn't mean anything. I just needed someone to talk to and he was there.

Just speak to him but try not to accuse him of anything. I'm sorry, I know it's hard :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's not great. But we are working on it together. I suppose I am a very private kinda person, I don't even tell my best friend about our arguments. I see that as just part of being loyal, maybe thats wrong. I think its better to talk to him and only him about our problems. So when I read it, I felt he was being disloyal and like he was forgetting what a fantastic weekend we had just had together. That combined with talking about meeting up with her for a drink again just hurt
    You poor thing. Perhaps you need to decide boundaries on that then, but again that is something you two need to discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe he was looking for an ego boost? There has been no evidence to suggest that OPs boyfriend was intending to cheat. There relationship is on the rocks, and she asked about it, so he told her it was bad. Perhaps the reason he said "oh and shes going away for 2 weeks" is because he will miss her?

All of you crazy women are taking this to the extreme, and OP if you act like half the girls on this thread he will end up dumping you anyway.
    This, lol. There were so many girls suggesting she dumps him immediately... Dumping a boyfriend of 4 years automatically, without talking to him about it, over what may have been nothing other than an acknowledgement that their relationship wasn't going too well.

(Original post by evantej)
    I know this may come as a surprise but if he is unhappy in a relationship then he is likely to remain in it until he has an alternative. Men are quite possessive in this sense even though it appears counter-productive to their own happiness. His unhappiness might manifest itself physically, and he may inappropriately touch or cheat on you because he cannot bring himself to end the relationship. He does not do it maliciously, and a number of the female comments are rather excessive and irrational, but because he feels he cannot communicate with you.

If you cannot talk to him in person about this then I would suggest leaving him a written note explaining absolutely everything, and question his desire to remain in a relationship. It will give him time to calm down and give you an appropriate response.
    Hmm that seems like a cowardly way to end things with someone in my opinion! I agree that every female comment on here seems like a total over reaction, but surely if a relationship is worth something then a man should have the guts to be open and not just attempt to cheat on them to push them away? It may just be me but that seems a little immature.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm that seems like a cowardly way to end things with someone in my opinion! I agree that every female comment on here seems like a total over reaction, but surely if a relationship is worth something then a man should have the guts to be open and not just attempt to cheat on them to push them away? It may just be me but that seems a little immature.
    Says the person who posts as anon. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we can be sure he was doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Kick him in the ******** REALLY hard
    LOL, too funny

ReputationRep:

Ok maybe I should be team girls here, but that actually made me laugh out loud, crazy women :woo: haha there appears to be an uproar from them all LOL, atleast the guy said he was in a rship and didn't say no not really or something like that then the OP really would be screwed and the girls on here would have a ***** fit even more so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    Upload all naked pictures of him on his facebook, that will teach him.

and then change the password..

sorry this happened to you, it must suck. try not to get too down about it. if it turns out for the worse, remember you are the bigger person.

hope it all works out x

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with trying to cheat...but if you're going to cheat, make sure you don't do in on Facebook when your GF knows your password. Dóh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    How is she lucky? It took her four years to find out what a ******* he is, that is ages.
    im sorry youre right actually i shouldnt skim read. im glad it wasnt any longer OP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.