Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For those born in the late 80's onwards... Watch

ReputationRep:
    ...who would have liked to have been born earlier?

Experienced the 60's hippie culture, and the 70's looks to me like an awesome decade, especially music. Maybe even some would like to go further back?

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I would have liked to be born in the 50s :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    I would have liked to be born in the 50s :yep:
    me too actually because my parent were born in the 50's and they were at the right age in their teens and twenties to fully appreciate what is my favourite decade of the 70's (even though i wasnt born then! ) lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah the days of pirate radio would have been good :yep: and days where everything wan't computerised but there was a sense of change. Although musically, it has to be the 60s rather than 70s for me.

You'll never really know what it was like though. People romanticise the times in which they were young and happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy to have been born in 1989. I got to grow up in the age of Pokemon, Sega, pogs and rubiks cubes!

ReputationRep:
    i would like to have been born 10 years earlier and clubbed my way through the nineties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm very happy to have been born in 1989. I got to grow up in the age of Pokemon, Sega, pogs and rubiks cubes!
    i was born in 1991 and would have preferred to have grown up with pans people, the beatles and noel edmonds :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan_Johnson)
    i would like to have been born 10 years earlier and clubbed my way through the nineties
    yes maybe it was better than clubbing nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to have been born in the 70's, they seemed like fun
    the 00's are boring to be a kid/teenager in tbh :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    You'll never really know what it was like though. People romanticise the times in which they were young and happy.
    I always say something like this in these threads, so I'll just quote this time :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    yes maybe it was better than clubbing nowadays?
    well clubbing through the 90's you had blur, oasis, madchester all that stuff. i know clubbing is clubbing but its different now to what i was 5 years ago let alone 15-20 years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan_Johnson)
    well clubbing through the 90's you had blur, oasis, madchester all that stuff. i know clubbing is clubbing but its different now to what i was 5 years ago let alone 15-20 years ago
    were clubs even around that long ago? :p:

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    No, I've been told the 60's were a very bad time. People were constantly being beat up because of "race" wars.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldve liked to have seen the 70s defo! I wouldve been a proper mod!

(Original post by fatal)
    I was born in 88 and I swear I missed out on Rubiks Cubes :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.