Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about Manor Villages? As Nottingham Trent Uni halls were full and i was told there was a waiting list of 800 people i took up an offer to stay at manor villages as i was told if i didnt i may not be guarenteed a place anywhere. Is Manor Villages just for nottingham trent students and is it just for 1st years or all students? Emma xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I think my friend who is in her 2nd year at Nottingham Uni is stayin there in Septemeber! So I think its a mix of Nottingham Trent and Nottingham Uni students as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd years! (:

ReputationRep:
    heyy im stayyin at Manor Village ! i hope its nice although this site hasnt filled me with confidence about it

ReputationRep:
    heyy im stayyin at Manor Village ! i hope its nice although this site hasnt filled me with confidence about it

ReputationRep:
    Im going in to first year and i also booked a room at manor village today. I was told I was going to be placed with other NTU 1st years. Any other 1st years going there?

ReputationRep:
    yeahh im a first year and aprently when i rang up all my flat mates are first years aswell what flat u stayin at?

ReputationRep:
    I havent been told my room number yet. Hopefully itll be as good as actual uni halls tho!!

ReputationRep:
    im stayin at lynncroft house add me on facebook if you like jennifer teece (west midlands)

ReputationRep:
    I'll call tomorrow. But it looks MILES away!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've not stayed in their actual halls of residence, but I've rented a house with them over the last year and had a BAD experience with them. They were very unhelpful to myself and flatmates, and ripped us off. They are also being hella crap at getting my deposit back to me as I've moved out 4 weeks ago and I've still heard nothing back. When I requested wanting it back, they said "3 weeks", even though legally they are meant to give it back within 10 days of asking / agreeing on how much to return. Gah. Other bad points were that it took 2+ months for them to fix our washing machine so we had to hand wash! The rails on our stairs were loose when we moved in and after weeks of asking them to fix it, they still ignored us and only fixed it in the end, because a flatmate's parents threatened to report them for health & safety regulations, as the stairs were very steep. Our shower was broken all year and they told us that we "didn't know how to work it" and wouldn't fix it (it never got fixed); it was just either too hot or too cold, and the temperature dial had no effect on it. I'm worried at how much they are going to try and charge me for "damages" even though we've looked after the house pretty well. Good luck to those who will have to deal with them for the next year.

ReputationRep:
    oh dearr wel i've alreadyy signed the tenancy agreement now lol soo eeekkk hope theyve changed there ways lol

ReputationRep:
    haha i've booked with them too so hopefully it wont be so bad in the actual halls rather than the houses.

They said on the phone i'll be in morel house flat 13 but not had any written confirmation of exact flat number or room yet!

and it was either this or nothing couldn't find anything else at all

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh same they seem nice on the phone anyways dont know if thats anything to go off lol.
    I get my keys pritty early 15th of sept and i dont think freshers week starts til october so not sure when to move in lol dont wana be there on my own.

Im in flat 1 which im guessin means ground floor eeekk oh well

ReputationRep:
    What?!?! did you guys call up and book today?!?! Cause I called up on 9am on the dot today (27th) and they said they were all booked up!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Just thought I would add to this that I'm going to be in Flat Four, Beldover house. I wondered if anyone else would be there too?

And im going to Nottingham Trent

Greg x

ReputationRep:
    Heyy yeh i loved manor villages, very clean and big rooms. Im staying in Corke house flat 1. Very excited about moving in, all the people in my flat are 1st yr NTU students also!

ReputationRep:
    got the confirmation today i'm in room E flat 13 morel house.

any one near me?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook group for Manor Village - Nottingham

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=154804575660

ReputationRep:
    Here's some bad feedback from Uni of Nottingham students about them

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2333527889

I'm still fighting to get my deposit back as they continue to ignore that we've formally requested it ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but Samsara, People have moved on. If you need help with this...

Look at the link you posted.....

Admins
    There are no admins left in this group!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.