Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've been getting really bad headaches, every day, for over a month now.
    I've went to the doctor a few times and she didn't help much.
    She suggested i should go to the optician and get an eye test, as i wear glasses. I did. I got new glasses and it hasn't made any difference.
    In my opinion, they're getting worse. the pain is concentrated around my forehead. Sometimes i feel dizzy and my vision goes blurry quite often. i'm having to take painkillers every 4 hours just to get through my day to day routine. and i'm now finding that pain killers don't help much.
    They're so bad that i find it hard to sleep at night, which makes me very tired and basically makes the headache even worse.
    What could the cause be? I'm getting really frustrated with it. Any tips to make it better?

ReputationRep:
    go back to the doctor. maybe a different doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-WOW)
    She suggested i should go to the optician and get an eye test, as i wear glasses. I did. I got new glasses and it hasn't made any difference.
    In my opinion, they're getting worse. the pain is concentrated around my forehead. Sometimes i feel dizzy and my vision goes blurry quite often. i'm having to take painkillers every 4 hours just to get through my day to day routine. and i'm now finding that pain killers don't help much.
    They're so bad that i find it hard to sleep at night, which makes me very tired and basically makes the headache even worse.
    What could the cause be? I'm getting really frustrated with it. Any tips to make it better?
    I'd say go to the doctor again.

It could be a serious problem.

Have you considered having a scan?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have considered a scan but would my doctor not have to refer me for that?
    I am worried about it now because i've never really had headaches before. Odd one every now and again.

ReputationRep:
    It's possible that you are getting migraines. It's what I had. Go back and see a different doctor. Ask them about migraines.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Have you started any medication lately? Pill etc? It could be a side effect.

ReputationRep:
    It is well worth you getting a second opinion on the fact, see a different doctor at your GP's surgery and explain the situation hopefully they will sort it out for you soon.

ReputationRep:
    ask to see a different doctor and make sure you're pushy, emphasise how you can't sleep and explain that this will have an impact on exams or something..

also, as the above poster said, it could be a side effect of something. you should get this checked out, i don't think filling yourself with painkillers will be doing you much good!

ReputationRep:
    Could just be migraines, if you're getting dizziness and blurry vision that glasses won't correct I might ask for an MRI scan as there could be an underlying problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    It's possible that you are getting migraines. It's what I had. Go back and see a different doctor. Ask them about migraines.
    But migraines aren't constant 24hr?

And OP, you can just go into A&E and tell them what's going on.
    If they think you need a scan, they'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I have no idea why you're getting the headaches but could I suggest using 4Head (you know the stuff that you rub on your forehead and it makes it feel all cold and nice) instead of always relying on paracetamol - it really helps headaches and migraines without drugging you up!!

ReputationRep:
    Doctor and get a scan.
    My friend gets headaches like that. She gets accupuncture. Apparently it helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    But migraines aren't constant 24hr?

And OP, you can just go into A&E and tell them what's going on.
    If they think you need a scan, they'll do it.
    I have had migraines that last 48 hours. It's hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-WOW)
    Do you have Hydrocephalus?

ReputationRep:
    Drink more water? If its just a headache that is?

ReputationRep:
    I have had migraines that last 48 hours. It's hell.
    But it's been constant for her for a month

ReputationRep:
    But it's been constant for her for a month
    I was having them pretty much every day at one point. It is possible. I realised that what set it off was orange juice. And I used to drink it instead of water.

ReputationRep:
    I was having them pretty much every day at one point. It is possible. I realised that what set it off was orange juice. And I used to drink it instead of water.
    Really?
    I never would have thought that OJ could do that.
    Well donw for finding the problem, btw ;]

ReputationRep:
    Really?
    I never would have thought that OJ could do that.
    Well donw for finding the problem, btw ;]
    I know, it's stupid. Apparently it's pretty common.

I miss orange juice sooo much Now I have to drink crappy apple juice.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably watching too much t.v and using your PC alot while wearing glasses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.