The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

People don't go around saying whether they've had sex or not...

/thread
Reply 2
lol id still respect him and that...just dont take relationship advice from the guy :tongue:
...i feel bad for him lol you know why he hasnt done any o this?
I dont judge people on what or who they have been envolved with it makes them no less of a person or no less deserving of my respect.
Reply 4
I wouldn't lose respect for him, but I would think that there must be some underlying psychological reason for it. I also might pity them a little bit, which some people may think is a sign of a lack of respect (though I don't).
Reply 5
Respect is for the individual, not having had relationships/sex is irrelevant. Who cares really...
Reply 6
There's someone in my family like this. It's quite weird but I don't disrespect him for it.
I'd find it a little odd that he's NEVER had a girlfriend by the time he was 30/40, but he wouldn't lose any respect for him. I'd just imagine he has his personal reasons.
Reply 8
Yes I could, that's like Michael Jackson and he's my idol =)
CapturedSoul
I'd find it a little odd that he's NEVER had a girlfriend by the time he was 30/40, but he wouldn't lose any respect for him. I'd just imagine he has his personal reasons.

WHy does there have to be a reason? Some guys are good-looking, have money, drive, have a good personality but end up lonely... why is having a relationship so much the norm?

Tbh it's not odd AT ALL. You're all abit pretentious and oh so snuggled up in ur own relationships to be thinking its odd to see a 30 year old singleton. Pity I can understand but there is no mystery to a guy being lonely throughout his life.
Reply 10
Anonymous
WHy does there have to be a reason? Some guys are good-looking, have money, drive, have a good personality but end up lonely... why is having a relationship so much the norm?

Tbh it's not odd AT ALL. You're all abit pretentious and oh so snuggled up in ur own relationships to be thinking its odd to see a 30 year old singleton. Pity I can understand but there is no mystery to a guy being lonely throughout his life.

It's rare, so yes it's odd.
Anonymous

Oh calm down. 30/40 is the age where a lot of men and woman settle down with a partner, so for a man of that age to NEVER be interested in having a relationship is a little odd. The question wasn't about someone who's never had a relationship at 30, but someone who has no desire for a relationship. Of course there's a reason why someone doesn't desire a relationship. Learn to read properly next time.
Reply 12
I would lol at his face
Reply 13
Sure I could respect him, though I wouldnt take any dating advice from him
Anonymous

"No man is an island"
tbf i knew a masters student who was like 30 years old at Uni and he was a virgin and he was a really cool guy otherwise. was a bit funny seeing him asking me for advice on how to get a girl :p:
Reply 16
Cloud Shine
"No man is an island"

Though they could be a peninsula :biggrin:
Reply 17
Anonymous

If he's or she's lonely then it's not a choice, which would suggest he or she would change it if they could.

The only time you can rail against the norm is you're enjoying what it is which is abnormal. Silly person.

As for the OP, I wouldn't give two ***** off a shovel really.
Hylean
As for the OP, I wouldn't give two ***** off a shovel really.

Took the keys from under my fingers.
I dont get how I would know that about a person. I would find it strange but that doesnt have anything to do with repsect, so, yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending