Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So the thing is i'm not self concious about being in a bikini because of my body, its that i have light scars on my chest from having acne there a long time ago, theyre look like a few light brown spots, but on my back i have lots of them, they're all really old spots, but if you were a guy would you notice or care if you saw it on a girl? other then that i have a good body and im good looking. but wearing halters, low cut tops and swim suits makes me really uncomfortable because i dont know if people think its weird. sometimes at notice people staring at the marks on my chest and it doesnt seem like its in a good way.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't really give a crap.
    Everyone has imperfections, and to be quite honest, yours are very minor

ReputationRep:
    ur human ... this happens

ReputationRep:
    OP , I had a similar problem as well. However they've faded more now. As for the beach thing I used to wear a Kaftan when I was feeling self -conscious.

ReputationRep:
    I have them too! They used to bother me at 1st, but I just got fed up so now I wear whatever I want =)

ReputationRep:
    i love you guys! thanks for the replies!

ReputationRep:
    My mum tells me how she rarely got spots on her facial area and instead she got them on her back, she said she preferred it that way, as a result of her being my mother, I have this too. I personally prefer it too, it's perfectly normal, some people get it on their face, others on their back/shoulders. By "it", I mean spots, I don't have acne, nor did she, however I know a few people who do have acne on their beck, chest, shoulders & face... so I yeah, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    bacne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XeaL`)
    My mum tells me how she rarely got spots on her facial area and instead she got them on her back, she said she preferred it that way, as a result of her being my mother, I have this too. I personally prefer it too, it's perfectly normal, some people get it on their face, others on their back/shoulders. By "it", I mean spots, I don't have acne, nor did she, however I know a few people who do have acne on their beck, chest, shoulders & face... so I yeah, don't worry.
    My dad was the same and, like you, I've got that too. I prefer it that way definitely but still have a few on my face.

It really depends on how you look like - a bit shallow, I know, but I'd have to see like a picture before judging cause it can obviously vary. If you were pretty hot though then it probably wouldn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    If you were still very attractive then no I wouldn't care. I don't know but when I started taking antibiotics to get rid of acne it got rid of my acne scarring aswell so that might be a suggestion.
    Acne's quite normal, so long as there isn't LOTS LOTS LOTS

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and have confidence. Doesn't matter if people stare at you or not, if you succumb to them it'll only make it worse. It's best to have a strong personality and no one will care :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.