Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it Illegal to sell balloons of Laughing gas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've found me a site to get these capsules fairly cheap (less than £4 for 10) and then a whipped cream dispenser to get it out with (less than £20). Pretty good, don't go eBay, you'll pay more. Go to a catering supplier and search for Whipped Cream Dispensers and Whipped Cream refills. Not N2O on eBay, you will be ripped off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    industrial nitrous oxide is administering a noxious substance

medical nitrous oxide is a P list medicine

both are potentially very dangerous

entonox is also a P list medication
    The Nitrous he'd be using is the type for whipping cream. Designed for human consumption.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Towelie88)
    bump
    Why? You've had your answer.

ReputationRep:
    laughin gas proper f*cks you up for like 2secs, did loads in ibiza before it was right after all the reports of brain damage as well. Yes I'm an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowberg)
    Having only watched people taking laughing gas (who takes money to a house party!?), I thought the whole thing was terrifying. It was just a complete departure from a normal mindset, everyone hysterical for a couple minutes. I know alcohol and weeds and stuff can affect you quite a lot, but NOS seems far too intense for me...

MAH 2 CENTS.
    I've heard this opinion before from another person that hasn't done it. I mean each to there own if you don't feel like doing something don't and if this is your opinion of it you probably definately shouldn't ever. just wondering how you can decide that it's to intense without trying it? the people doing it obviously don't think so lol

also this might be an old thread but do it man just be careful how and where you sell it !! i will be doing something similar myself

ReputationRep:
    It is also legal for use in road legal cars as long as you inform the insurance company and have the correct cover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr123mcfc)
    It is also legal for use in road legal cars as long as you inform the insurance company and have the correct cover.
    Hey, welcome to TSR

You've accidentally "necro'd" an old thread :fyi: (you can see the dates of posts on the top-right of each post)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    It is an offence under Section 52 of the Medicines Act 1968 to supply the gas for inhalation. The maximum sentence is two years imprisonment and an unlimited fine.

Possessing and inhaling laughing gas is not illegal, but supplying the gas for inhalation is.
    Why is it illegal?

Just a reminder not to bump really old threads. Thread closed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.