Turn on thread page Beta

dont know what this is watch

Announcements

anon or delete please

i was at a party last night and got with a girl but couldnt do anything because im really embarrased. my penis has loads of fleshy colouresd spots on it, there are loads of them and i dont know if they are normal or if they are weird and what are they? would a girl be freaked out if she seen them

ReputationRep:
    Anything like Fordyce's Spots?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Fordyce's Spots are very common in adult males (apx. 80%).

Or else, it could be shaving rash!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)

Spoiler:
    Show
    i thought that was normal. which, with 80%, it kind of is. lol. thanks, you learn something new every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought everyone had that :eek3:

yeh that s what they look like but would a girl expect them to be there or would they be shocked

ReputationRep:
    nah i'm sure girls love those bumps when you're inside them

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i've ever seen those.
    i'd personaly be more than a bit put off.
    but i mean, just because i've never seen them doesn't mean other girls havent!
    maybe they come in different levels of... prevelance? so not everybody has as many as the wiki picture, so maybe i have seen them but missed them.
    but if i saw the **** in that picture i wouldn't go near it unless i'd been told about it. i would personally assume it was worrying - i'd use a condom for any sort of touching it. sorry.

sorry.

i do have quite a lot of them and its startin to get me down a bit because i really like this girl and i dont think i can do anything if it will make her feel awkward. is there any other guys that have got it quite bad or any girls seen anything really bad? what was your or the girl you were withs reaction

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i do have quite a lot of them and its startin to get me down a bit because i really like this girl and i dont think i can do anything if it will make her feel awkward. is there any other guys that have got it quite bad or any girls seen anything really bad? what was your or the girl you were withs reaction
    I have them, similar to the wiki pic. It's completely normal. It's not like this girl will want to inspect your penis beforehand.

Ignore Noémie

(Original post by Noémie)
    maybe they come in different levels of... prevelance? so not everybody has as many as the wiki picture, so maybe i have seen them but missed them.
    but if i saw the **** in that picture i wouldn't go near it unless i'd been told about it. i would personally assume it was worrying - i'd use a condom for any sort of touching it. sorry.

sorry.
    Well, you know about it now, so you can change your views? :holmes:

ReputationRep:

sorry.
    Basically everyone has that. It's technically a 'disease', but is so widespread amongst the population that it's just considered normal now. 80% of people have those spots. It's not at all dangerous - purely cosmetic, as the wikipedia article says.

I have a few of those things too. I would ignore Noémie.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has a few, eh, it matters not.

ReputationRep:
    Oh c'mon, they're barely even noticable! They just look like hair follicles. It's nothing to worry about, OP Chances are if you get to the stage where the girl sees your penis, she's gonna be too preoccupied to whip out a magnifying glass and inspect it - and even if she did, she probably wouldn't care!

ReputationRep:

sorry.
    How weird! I've never seen them before either and would also have been freaked out!
    Glad to be told now, so I don't embarrass myself in future!
    80% huh? All races, worldwide?
    I'm a virgin so haven't been close to a penis in real life, but have seen guys' penises (I have weird friends) and never seen these spots. Oh well!

as ive said i have quite a lot of them but not quite as bad as the top wiki pic. ive not known this girl very long but we get on really well but i just feel embarrased and i dont know if shell tell other people and then the whole situation will be a lot worse

me and my b/f both have these, its not horrible or dirty or anything and anyone would be silly to think so. don’t worry OP she wont bat an eyelid about them.

ReputationRep:

sorry.
    :eyebrow:

A little harsh don't you think?

Personally I agree with Kinsula

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=985105

You fail.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.