The Student Room Group

How long can I be using my overdraft for before having to pay it off?

I am a recent University graduate that still has a Student Account with an interest-free overdraft - I have been in my overdraft for about a month or so, with it occasionally being made less into the minus by Jobseeker's Allowance payments, varying between -£500 and -£200.

Basically, I just want to know long can I be in the minus before I need to pay it all off?
Reply 1
3 yrs
Reply 2
I was with Barclays and they let me live in it about 4 years before I paid it off out of the blue. I was sitting at around -£1400 most months.
It depends on how the bank works. When I finished my undergrad HSBC reduced my overdraft every year, but I was still in it most of the time
I have a student account again now and am in my overdraft constantly. As far as I know, there is no time limit.
Reply 4
there is a time limit and it depends what bank your with.
i know for natwest it is 3 years with them lowering your overdraft limit every year.
if you ring your bank and beg for them to extend your overdraft for another yr most do it?
my friend had to do the above i think shes with lloyds but im not a hundred percent sure! x
LDanielle
I am a recent University graduate that still has a Student Account with an interest-free overdraft - I have been in my overdraft for about a month or so, with it occasionally being made less into the minus by Jobseeker's Allowance payments, varying between -£500 and -£200.

Basically, I just want to know long can I be in the minus before I need to pay it all off?

From your other posts, you're with RBS? From their website, at www.rbs.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/g1/graduate.ashx:
Your Graduate Royalties account is available for 3 years and comes with an interest-free overdraft up to £2000

Latest

Trending

Trending