Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wanting to apply to do midwifery at coventry for sep 2010. Just wondering whether or not anyone is actually studying at the moment. Want to hear thoughts on what you think of the course, tutors, work placements, application process, also how many weeks of the year is spent at uni? because it's longer than a normal degree, i think

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of doing midwifery too but i have barely any idea about where to go or work experiance i need i cant seem to find any!!! from what ive heard tho i think doing a midwifery degree you have to work longer into the summer in some places

ReputationRep:
    yes i know exactly what you mean. rang up the midwifery department, she said just get some experience in a hospital environment. Are you doing an access course this year then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Midwifery 2010 too I think experience is really hard to find. I actually got a leaflet about volountary work when i went to an open day. I emailed them about it and they said (as i am under 18) that the only thing i could do in a hospital environment is meeting and greeting at reception! I'm really put off finding any now and theres not many other areas i can get experience?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Adult Nursing in sept 2010, I did apply for Midwifery last year (09 entry) but due to family commitments couldnt take up the place offered to me. its really hard getting hospital placements due to the nature of the whole job, as long as you have some sort of experience in a medical environment then thats good. i had some work experience at my local doctors surgery and i had the chance to speak to the community midwife etc and learnt loads. also experience working with people of the general public, preferably in a caring sense.. make sure all of this is put on your Personal Statement. There are interviews as well for all the medical style courses at cov though, but its group interviews so less daunting than one to one interviews in my opinion. any questions- feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    Heyy I applied to coventry for midwifery and have my maths test, english test and a group interview arghh so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dark mystery. I have my exams/ interview for cov on tues at 9am. When you got yours? Is this your first time applying? Went to northsmpton and failed the maths so a little nervous now but rec'd my maths GCSE result this so and I passed as I'm on an access course we had to take maths again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Browneyes11)
    Hi Dark mystery. I have my exams/ interview for cov on tues at 9am. When you got yours? Is this your first time applying? Went to northsmpton and failed the maths so a little nervous now but rec'd my maths GCSE result this so and I passed as I'm on an access course we had to take maths again
    OMG!! SNAPS mine is at the 9:00 slot and yeh I hav also failed my maths tests and am really worried about it as well as the group interview I hav no clue wat 2 say
    So u will not find da maths as hard caus u did maths at access, I do BTEC lool and the last tym I hav done maths was in GCSE's so yeh I hav kinda forgotten

ReputationRep:
    Lool I also failed the Northampton test ehheheheheh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.