Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm probably reading into this far too much - but I've been pondering about it all day... :woo:

A guy friend of mine told me that I looked beautiful...

... it doesn't mean anything though, right? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    in what circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    It's a euphemism for "I want to **** you like there's no tomorrow" :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    He wants to break in his new mattress with you

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't read too much into it...my guy mates tell me I'm beautiful too... (pffft)
    That's only cause they're honest nice guys lol
    Just smile and accept it

ReputationRep:
    It means he thought you looked beautiful...

Obviously you haven't given us nearly enough information for us to tell you anything.

ReputationRep:
    loooolll its a compliement
    so smile and be happy =D

ReputationRep:
    I'd take it as a compliment, unless he was being sarcastic. His inflection and other stuff we don't know so it's fairly hard to tell you what he really means

ReputationRep:
    You so want him to fancy you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloud Shine)
    in what circumstances?
    We were heading into London on the train to meet some friends... I met him at the station, and he said to me that I looked beautiful.

It caught me off guard, because I was dressed as I would be any other day, and I didn't have much make up on or anything either, and he's never said anything like that to me before? lol

It's probably nothing, but it's been on my mind all day today, so just thought I'd see what other people thought :o:

ReputationRep:
    He said it so he could look at you long enough to form a mental picture which he could masturbate over later.

ReputationRep:
    Confront and Boink.

ReputationRep:
    if a girl sed dat wud u fink shes a lez?

ReputationRep:
    I would say you should just take it as a genuine compliment unless you really got a good reason to think other wise but you haven't told us anything but ''he said: you are beautifull.'' If he was implying anything you will notice soon anyway I guess.. If he really liked you more than just you are nice or what ever he will let you notice I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendsfanatic88)
    We were heading into London on the train to meet some friends... I met him at the station, and he said to me that I looked beautiful.

It caught me off guard, because I was dressed as I would be any other day, and I didn't have much make up on or anything either, and he's never said anything like that to me before? lol

It's probably nothing, but it's been on my mind all day today, so just thought I'd see what other people thought :o:
    Sounds like he might like you, bit difficult to tell from one comment! But generally, if he said something that sweet to your face out of the blue, he likes you (/'wants to break in his new mattress with you').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamcock)
    if a girl sed dat wud u fink shes a lez?
    No.. not at all.

My friends have asked me if he likes me though, so I guess I'm just questioning his behaviour more than I would if it were anyone else? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloud Shine)
    Sounds like he might like you, bit difficult to tell from one comment! But generally, if he said something that sweet to your face out of the blue, he likes you (/'wants to break in his new mattress with you').
    Yeah I think it's safe to say he likes you, do have any interest in him?

edit :: why doesn't double quote work on this damn forum...

ReputationRep:
    Don't get your hopes up until you know more. He might have been being polite for all you know. I presume you like him more than a friend?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think it means anything unless he said and did other stuff which indicated otherwise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.