Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince game Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have it for the PS2, anyone else think it's alright but not as great as it should have been?

Had some brilliant comedy moments though, such as Harry's experimentation with Felix Felicis where you temorarily lose control of him -

EDIT - Video doesn't seem to be showing up, here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGlHrqiBw1w

ReputationRep:
    It's stale bland and repetitive, I really fail to see what's to like about the game. Given the extra time the devs could've used when the film's release was delayed this is a huge disappointment

I for one think that it is an amazing game, probably better than sex and sliced bread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I for one think that it is an amazing game, probably better than sex and sliced bread.
    You think everything is better than sex and sliced bread.

(Original post by getinthevan)
    You think everything is better than sex and sliced bread.
    Wild words. I like some things less. Marginally.

ReputationRep:
    Wild words. I like some things less. Marginally.
    Like jelly babies?

Like jelly babies?
    Did you know that if you eat a hundred of them that's your daily allowance of calories?

ReputationRep:
    Did you know that if you eat a hundred of them that's your daily allowance of calories?
    WHAT? Really?! How did you know that?

Gosh, someone really clever must have told you that!

WHAT? Really?! How did you know that?

Gosh, someone really clever must have told you that!
    POSSIBLY. Or maybe it was a lucky guess. Cheesecake.

ReputationRep:
    Gone way off topic hasn't it you two :hmmm:

Anyways the game looks good, but if it's like the previous games, I can imagine repetition, which then leads on to boredom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Gone way off topic hasn't it you two

Anyways the game looks good, but if it's like the previous games, I can imagine repetition, which then leads on to boredom
    Yeah it is a bit, it's pretty much cutscene, run somewhere, mix potion, cutscene, quidditch, run somewhere, cutscene, mix potion, cutscene, run somewhere, mix potion, cutscene, quidditch.. repeat as needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Let's see. It's Cutscene, AMBUSH - Duel, potions, AMBUSH - duel, quidditch (happens like 981432792 ******* times), AMBUSH - duel, POTIONS, POTIONS, cutscene

I finished the game in 4 hours 2 minutes.
    Ahhhh yes, I forgot the ambushing.

ReputationRep:
    The best way for these games (and other ones based on movies/books) is to for the character and story to be related to the movie/book, but not the main character. The Godfather did this and is by far the best game I've played of this genre. Taking a character from first year at Hogwarts to 7th (?) would be a game I would play, plenty of opportunities for fun and good themes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    The best way for these games (and other ones based on movies/books) is to for the character and story to be related to the movie/book, but not the main character. The Godfather did this and is by far the best game I've played of this genre. Taking a character from first year at Hogwarts to 7th (?) would be a game I would play, plenty of opportunities for fun and good themes.
    A Hogwarts version of Bully/Canis Canem Edit would be fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    A Hogwarts version of Bully/Canis Canem Edit would be fantastic
    Never played that although I was desperate to! Might get it now, but I was put off it when it was re-released on the 360 because it was said to be so buggy.

However, a sand-box game in a school with magic, with the ever-present threat of imminent war, would make for a great game in the right hands.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought this, and sort of customisable, like Bully.. with relationship elements like The Sims, problem solving, the lessons and stuff.. it'd be really good! I bet they'd never allow it though.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought this, and sort of customisable, like Bully.. with relationship elements like The Sims, problem solving, the lessons and stuff.. it'd be really good! I bet they'd never allow it though.
    Money talks, so they would do it if the price was right.

You'd also have action elements in duels, stealth sections sneaking about at night/out of bounds, decisions affecting outcome of the game a la GTA IV, interactions in Diagon alley, Quidditch etc etc...

Aaargh, they should making this ******* game it would be so ******* good.

Licenses restrict studios as to the outcome, events, relationships and basically the game is completely limited in a way that has been rejected since GTA 3, add in that most people will already know all of what is going to happen and it doesn't make for great gaming.

ReputationRep:
    Money talks, so they would do it if the price was right.

You'd also have action elements in duels, stealth sections sneaking about at night/out of bounds, decisions affecting outcome of the game a la GTA IV, interactions in Diagon alley, Quidditch etc etc...

Aaargh, they should making this ******* game it would be so ******* good.

Licenses restrict studios as to the outcome, events, relationships and basically the game is completely limited in a way that has been rejected since GTA 3, add in that most people will already know all of what is going to happen and it doesn't make for great gaming.
    Omg yes. And lots of minigames and cutscenes.

And a 'go into a broomcupboard' option :p:

Of course, there'd have to be cameos.

You'd be able to play it over and over and over..

ReputationRep:

Pfft it's all about the Room of Requirement

Bully sandbox meets Fable action/rpg-ish and decent moral choice system (even before sorting) = mega win.

ReputationRep:

I saw this last night and thought "lolwut? how do you reply to that" , ,now I think of it, it would be a good objective in a minigame- elude the ghosts/people in paintings and get to the broomcupboard.

Then, there's also the sorting hat minigame at the start (and the cameos you mention could be in the house common room for a start)...

Of course, I am thinking about this way too much in depth- but I blame monotony at work and a(nother) summer drought of good games. :rolleyes:

/flees.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.