Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am a postgraduate student in the MMU. My classes are at the Didsbury Campus, but I want a hall closer to the city centre. I would like to rent a studio and I noticed that Sir Charles Groves Hall has studios. How is this place? Anyone lived there? Satisfied?
    Does the rent include other bills?
    Is there a problem if there are people who stay over the night in my room?
    Also, if you know any other hall with studios, please inform me!

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I live in a Sir Charles Groves Hall studio. It's great. Fairly expensive for what is essentially just a bedroom with a mini kitchen in it, but the rent does include all bills except for internet connection which is an extra one off fee (but very fast and reliable)! The place is very secure, very clean, very quiet and staff are super helpful and sort out maintenance issues very quickly. They have no problems with people staying over... there's a book for visitors to sign in reception. The only thing the rooms lack is an oven, but the hob and microwave suffice if you're creative. Oh, and the bathroom is tiny!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - just managed to squeeze in at the last minute but only studios left. Any advice appreciated - this is my first year and will be coming from abroad. What do I need to bring etc. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I want to know about this as well. Is anyone staying there atm? or otherwise had the chance to check the rooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weber)
    Hey,
    I want to know about this as well. Is anyone staying there atm? or otherwise had the chance to check the rooms?
    Hey, I'll be staying here (for the third year) this year!
    Do you have any specific questions?
    They're really nice halls! Not had any major problems at all. Nice staff, nice atmosphere, not too noisy (if you don't mind the sound of people practicing all at once...)
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Die Zauberflöte)
    Hey, I'll be staying here (for the third year) this year!
    Do you have any specific questions?
    They're really nice halls! Not had any major problems at all. Nice staff, nice atmosphere, not too noisy (if you don't mind the sound of people practicing all at once...)
    xxx
    Practicing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weber)
    Practicing?
    Well, it's full of people from the Royal Northern College of Music who use their rooms as practice rooms from 9am - 9pm, you can always hear someone playing some piano concerto, singers warming up and violinists playing scales... and brass players showing off! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I also booked a studio room in Sir Charles Groves... Even I already made payment in full amount yesterday.

However, what I would like to ask is, do they provide bedding? Such as pillows, bed covers, blankets, etc? If they don't, where is the best place to buy those stuffs - as they are too bulky to carry by hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufat)
    Hello. I also booked a studio room in Sir Charles Groves... Even I already made payment in full amount yesterday.

However, what I would like to ask is, do they provide bedding? Such as pillows, bed covers, blankets, etc? If they don't, where is the best place to buy those stuffs - as they are too bulky to carry by hand.
    they will have a pillow and a duvet but everything else u will have to buy, as its close to town centre primark is best place to get it and hi lol im going there to.

ReputationRep:
    I just applied for the medium double studio! Haven't paid the full amount yet, but have to make the payment in one go as I'm an international student and don't have a UK guarantor. @ yusufat--- Did you use a credit card or cheque to make the full payment?

ReputationRep:
    Quiet? Are you kidding, i live there & study at RNCM and the halls are not quiet. Be prepared for drunk opera students wailing at the top of their voices on their way in.

Saying that, I love it their & it's probably my mates making the noise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.