Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dw

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep quiet about it and just make sure if she ever needs to talk that you don't brush her off.

I really doubt it's your fault unless you're a screaming irritating little ******* constantly in her way, even then mums are generally able to deal with it, but given that other people in your family have depression and there are studies suggesting there's a hereditary element to it, it's probably nothing you've done.

ReputationRep:
    awwww. :console: I wouldn't confront her about it personally. Just try and be a supportive daughter and not give her too much hassle. She has medication and as you said she seems fine, so there doesn't seem to be a major problem atm. Try not to feel guilty, there could be other factors causing her depression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    Yeah sometimes we have our arguments, but nothing serious and we're always over it in like half an hour so I doubt it would be me but still.

Like the only time she's ever said anything that I thought was weird was when she'd been out with her friends and had a few drinks, something about having kids makes your life boring so yeah, probably should have done something then?

I'm more upset then anything because I always thought that we were really close. I wouldn't judge her, I don't. I just wish she would tell me
    I think it's a difficult thing to tell someone. Maybe she didn't want to worry you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    I know that. I'm sure she would have told dad.

Now I'm pissed off because I'm making this about me.

My friend just told me yesterday she's got depression, my aunty and uncle have got sever depression, and now apparently mum's got it and I didn't even notice it.
    Well it's obviously been a big shock and it must be tough knowing that all these people in your life are depressed. I don't really know what advice I can give but just to try and not let it affect your relationship, carry on as normal and you never know she might tell you one day.

ReputationRep:
    :console: xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Had most of the pills been taken?

ReputationRep:
    Removed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.