Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my mate were discussing this the other day, and I realised that generally, I'm not attracted towards black girls- this is not to say I'm racist at all (I live in a multicultural area and have many friends from different ethnic backgrounds) , most of the time I'm just not attracted to them. Now, this made me think if people of other races felt the same way about a different race/ethnic group. I'm an asian guy, and I'm attracted to asian girls and white girls- sorry to be so superficial but its just more of an instinctive thing, and again theres a whole lot more to a person than just skin colour, but this is just a general thing for me.

So do any of you have similar feelings (or not) towards a specific race? Ofcourse, I don't want to be generalising here, and sound too superficial (which I admit does sound ridiculous because we're talking about skin colour).

ReputationRep:
    Personally I've never really thought about it/ its never really bothered me but I'm sure this is quite normal.
    Just as people have a certain 'type' or preferance I'm sure race could come into it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not picky.

ReputationRep:
    ye of course. i bet most ppl do.

(Original post by mollymustard)
    Personally I've never really thought about it/ its never really bothered me but I'm sure this is quite normal.
    Just as people have a certain 'type' or preferance I'm sure race could come into it.
    Yeah you're right!

To be honest, it's more of a subconcious thing for some people!

ReputationRep:
    I believe that it's completely normal to be more/less attracted to certain races/ethnic groups. Everyone has their preferences - brown hair, tall, slim build etc. and skin colour is no different. It's a fact that different races have different physical features, some of which some people may find attractive and othersmay not. The only problem that comes in to this is because we're all to afraid to mention anything at all about race for fear of being labelled a racist. It's got absolutely nothing to do with racism.

In answer to your question, I'm more attracted to black/caucasian guys and then less attracted to east asians and not attracted at all to middle east asians.

ReputationRep:
    Human, generally.

ReputationRep:
    http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...29780_full.jpg
    what about Ruby Lin? (Taiwanese)
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...a_sawajiri.gif
    Erika Sawajiri (Japanese)

ReputationRep:
    Of course most people in our society feel the same. Why do you think all of the black/asian females that do well in tv all look like they are white? To be honest I don't find most black women attractive at all, they are very masculine in how they look and behave because of higher testosterone levels.

ReputationRep:
    i dont care, as long as she looks alright, and we can have a laugh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamcock)
    Erika Sawajiri (Japanese)
    I ******* love Erika Sawajiri. Then again, most haafus end up being extremely good looking. Not all, admittedly.

Personally, I'm not big into black girls or south asians (Indian, Pakistani, Arab, Persian etc.). Obv, there are standouts who I'll think are amazing, regardless of race, but more often than not, they don't really float my boat.

I do prefer white and oriental girls, used to like whites more, though it kinda flipped a year or two back. That said, even between that race, I'm bigger on Japs and Koreans than say mainland Chinese.

I know people won't give me a second look because I be east asian, no big deal.

look is what counts, not the colour :P

ReputationRep:
    Im only attracted to white people (i'm white myself) but am in NO WAY racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    Im only attracted to white people (i'm white myself) but am in NO WAY racist.
    Likewise, I'm not really SEXUALLY attracted to white women even though I have many white friends and my best female friend is white. I think I could be EMOTIONALLY attracted to a Caucasian female but probably not sexually (though that may be just a case of me not having met one who I might find attractive).

On the other hand I can see how white women can be considered attractive by others. E.g. I can see how Pamela Anderson is considered beautiful but I don't think I'd personally be sexually interested in her (but could theoretically like her on an emotional level).

Also sometimes when people are brought up in a country which is not their 'ethnic' homeland they may be more attracted to the people in the country they migrated to at a very young age than people in the country where they were born. E.g. some white men were maybe more attracted to Native American women than white women and may not have found white women attractive in the slightest.

Also, this works in multiple ways so white women could be friends with me etc. but may not find my (mainly Persian) features sexually attractive. Personally my preferences in terms of females would probably be Arabs and Subsaharan Africans only really.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    I have strong preferences on race. Like, I'm not really attracted to white girls. I'm generally far more attracted to orientals. I don't think I've ever had feelings for a white girl, but, orientals? Definitely.

As for the other races, I have no specific preference. But, there are some absoluely amazing women from the more west-asia area.

ReputationRep:
    I would never have sex with a woman who was not white; that is my choice. I do not find black women at all attractive, and find that the most attractive south and east Asian women are relatively fair skinned. Persian women are generally attractive.

Europe has by far the most attractive women, and has won Miss World almost twice as many times as the second most successful continent - Americas; 13. Interestingly enough, the UK has the highest number of winners in Europe, and is third overall behind India and Venezuela.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you said "I'm not attracted to black people because they're second class human beings", it's no more racist than having a preference for blondes or brunettes.

ReputationRep:
    If there were two guys, caucasian and asian, with the same hotness ratings, I'd go for the former. XD

ReputationRep:
    i like girls of all races. tha_black_shinobi's **** doesn't discriminate. Although I find white and black girls to generally be the most attrative so give me a mixed race chick anyday. Actually truthfully I don't get the oriental thing. Loads of white guys seem to love oriental (chinese, korean, japanese) girls and i don't really get that. I mean i've seen a few on tv and stuff that i find attractive but overall I find them a bit boring looking and have very rareley seen one i've found attractive in real life

ReputationRep:
    I have a preference of mixed race and black guys. I do find a lot of white guys attractive, but rarely approached by one. All I'd really like is a guy with a sense of humour, a nice smile and a broad chest that I can cuddle into :love:

I'm not so sure that racial preference in a partner is down to your own race either. I'm half chinese and black but I spend more time with my chinese family. However, I do not find chinese people attractive whatsoever. I won't tell the chinese famo that, though :ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.