Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equinoxsolar)
    i think all 99 precent of black girls are vulgar, unattractive and lack any feminine qualities besides breasts.
    asian and european girls....ooh yea!
    Whereabouts do you live?!?!

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is Korean, my ex is black. I actuallyb prefer black girls, latino/hispanic girls and oriental girls to white girls or south asian girls but I wouldn't kick any race out of bed.

ReputationRep:
    london

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing not west London.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer white guys. I come from a VERY white area though so that probably influenced my preference, it's just what you're used to I suppose. An ex was South east Asian mixed with white, and I've kissed black guys, but in terms of what I fancy..

ReputationRep:
    lol, jeez - guys you don't have to say "OMG BUT I'M NOT RACIST"!
    What a paranoid culture we have, it's so sad.

Oh and a few people are saying that race/colour doesn't matter, but looks do. Well, race and colour are huge ******* factors in someone's looks, so of course they matter.

My input - I find a much higher proportion of white women to be attractive than any other race. Blacks are the least attractive to me, East-asian I don't like much but that might be largely down to the majority of Orientals in this country being non-native, and language problems and cultural differences would put me off a great deal.
    The girl I find most beautiful in the world is half-oriental and half white.

Pakis... yea actually you get some really gorgeous ones, but cultural differences would really put me off (and that affects how I see them, i.e. as a potential mate or not). Persian/arab/whatever, again pretty nice quite often.

Basically the cultural presumptions (which are reasonable to make) are a big part in my thinking about whether someone of a particular race would be compatible with me, and if I find them attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellisntitfor)
    lol, jeez - guys you don't have to say "OMG BUT I'M NOT RACIST"!
    What a paranoid culture we have, it's so sad.

Oh and a few people are saying that race/colour doesn't matter, but looks do. Well, race and colour are huge ******* factors in someone's looks, so of course they matter.

My input - I find a much higher proportion of white women to be attractive than any other race. Blacks are the least attractive to me, East-asian I don't like much but that might be largely down to the majority of Orientals in this country being non-native, and language problems and cultural differences would put me off a great deal.
    The girl I find most beautiful in the world is half-oriental.

Pakis... yea actually you get some really gorgeous ones, but cultural differences would really put me off (and that affects how I see them, i.e. as a potential mate or not). Persian/arab/whatever, again pretty nice quite often.

Basically the cultural presumptions (which are reasonable to make) are a big part in my thinking about whether someone of a particular race would be compatible with me, and if I find them attractive.
    ...and half white?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    ...and half white?
    Now I have a funny image of just a half of an oriental girl.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing not west London.
    West Londons where its at :p:

ReputationRep:
    In terms of girls im black and I mainly find White, Mixed race, Black and Indian girls most attractive hmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Of course most people in our society feel the same. Why do you think all of the black/asian females that do well in tv all look like they are white? To be honest I don't find most black women attractive at all, they are very masculine in how they look and behave because of higher testosterone levels.
    Oprah ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not fussed, but I guess it's always been either white or black guys. Though the guy in house of flying daggers is sexy

ReputationRep:
    I have a preference of mixed race and black guys. I do find a lot of white guys attractive, but rarely approached by one. All I'd really like is a guy with a sense of humour, a nice smile and a broad chest that I can cuddle into http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/love.gif

I'm not so sure that racial preference in a partner is down to your own race either. I'm half chinese and black but I spend more time with my chinese family. However, I do not find chinese people attractive whatsoever. I won't tell the chinese famo that, though http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...lies/ninja.gif
    Kimora Lee Simmons :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not fussed
    although I never see many chinese men that I'm attracted to.

ReputationRep:
    ...and half white?
    oops - yea I did mean to say that. I said it in my head. :/

Does this mean I'm racist?

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when I meet Iranian girls, and they say they're Persian, just because, lets be honest Persia is a sexy sounding word. Even though Persia is used in social and cultural context nowadays, the official line since 1935 is that they're Iranian.

Anyways yea the Iranians are quite good looking, but I generally have a tendency towards Indian girls and whites. I think there is something in our subconscious, that yearns for someone of a similar background, when seeking a bf/gf. I could recognise someone who was from the same part of India that my family was from, by just looking at facial features, or whether they were from any of the surrounding countries. Its like a 6th sense.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a problem that people don't find all races attractive as long as it doesn't lead to a clouded judgement of what kind of person is underneath.

And have you considered that maybe you might be assuming white girls are the most attractive in the UK because they make up the majority of the female population (The UK is over 92% white overall ). Doesn't this make the odds of bumping into a hot black/Chinese girl a lot more unlikely? Just a thought.

Finally, isn't not being racist because you have an ethnic minority as a friend usually regarded as one of the worse arguments? Just saying. It doesn't stop you being racist but then again I don't believe you should feel the need to declare this when talking about who you find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I'm attracted to white girls the most, but it's mainly because the UK mainly consists of white people so of course we'll be seeing a higher ratio of pretty white people to any other race.

ReputationRep:
    i dont have a preference
    black, white, latino, asian (but their culture might be too different to bother with them) and mixed race :drool:
    but not orientals (rarely i find them hot)

ReputationRep:
    I don't discriminate based purely on race.

Hot guys can be hot no matter what race they are!
    Some of you lot are too picky.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.