Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yeah i find myself attracted mainly to black men and looking only at black men..they're HOT..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my mate were discussing this the other day, and I realised that generally, I'm not attracted towards black girls- this is not to say I'm racist at all (I live in a multicultural area and have many friends from different ethnic backgrounds) , most of the time I'm just not attracted to them. Now, this made me think if people of other races felt the same way about a different race/ethnic group. I'm an asian guy, and I'm attracted to asian girls and white girls- sorry to be so superficial but its just more of an instinctive thing, and again theres a whole lot more to a person than just skin colour, but this is just a general thing for me.

So do any of you have similar feelings (or not) towards a specific race? Ofcourse, I don't want to be generalising here, and sound too superficial (which I admit does sound ridiculous because we're talking about skin colour).

My brother is asian, he is not attracted to asian people.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it mattered, i used to be attarcted to asian girls, south east asian girls only, wasnt interested in any other, but then, i thought i would try a change

honestly, all girls like too look good, smell nice, smile and be appreciated

not too different, maybe slightly different on views, but no defnite patterns, and personally, i think it is quite alright to go out with girls/guys you feel comfortable with, doesnt make you a racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    I assume you're indian? We should totally like go out on an eDate.
    I so totally would like, but I'd only eDate people with green gems. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    I so totally would like, but I'd only eDate people with green gems. :p:
    But its not my fault My last two neg rep comments have been blank and "ur mum".

Pleeease I can chaaaaaange!

ReputationRep:
    I find myself quite attracted to mix race guys (black+white) but I don't really mind any race as long as they can make me laugh and keep me interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellipsis)
    Of course most people in our society feel the same. Why do you think all of the black/asian females that do well in tv all look like they are white? To be honest I don't find most black women attractive at all, they are very masculine in how they look and behave because of higher testosterone levels.

Well, isn't that a gross generalization? I'm black and no taller than 5'2. I'm also a lot more petite than most white women I know. I don't think that black women are generally more masculine than white women. In my opinion, this is just another one of those outdated stereotypes concerning black women.

OP, you're not racist for preferring one race to another. I'm attracted to black men mainly and also think that Japanese guys are very cute. Having said that, I do see many good-looking men from every race and would not object to dating one just because it's not my usual cup of tea. I do think that someone who refuses do date any one race all together and claims to never have been attracted to anyone from that race, either lives in a place with very few people of that ethnic origin, or is racist towards that race to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm white girls and oriental girls or eurasians that are a mix of the forementioned two races are the only groups that attract me... for some reason I just never find south asians, persians, black girls etc attractive, or maybe because I've rarely stumbled into one I find goodlooking.

I think my case is typical of most young chinese (or maybe thats only in hong kong where I live) since many teenagers hold a great fascination of getting a white gf and being able to get one brings a lot of admiration and jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Depends! I always thought I didn't like Asian guys...
    LOL quite subtle there :p:

Anyway, although I kind of expected it the responses are quite interesting, and I suppose being attracted to a certain race is just like having a preference for other features.

Edit: and yes, I am OP but I shouldn't have posted as anon to start of with anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    i'm quite attracted to mixed race girls, the mix never really matters.. i'm not sure why though.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Excuse the semi-nudity (nothing explicit, it's all covered)

But this is why mixing races can end up being a very good thing (Leah Dizon is French-American, Filipino-Chinese)

ReputationRep:
    I like all colours actually. Life is far too short to reject someone because of their skin colour. I quite like white, black, Japanese and Persian girls though.

My current hottie of the month is MPHO: http://webassets.emimusic.co.uk/parl...ho/mpho450.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Just proves we are all attracted to different people.I'm white and actually find Black girls in general more attractive than white girls.I think it's the Black skin , the contrast of the pinky axe wound and the dark skin and the the booty. I don't find mixed race girls or asian oriental girls attractive in the slightest. Which is a pity as my friends mum is a mangeress at a chinese restaurant and she is always trying to set me up with the waitress's. Asian Indian girls Iam so so about.

I also think the sorts of people you find specially attractive ,tend to feel the same way. I know Black girls like me, the same with blonde white girls.

ReputationRep:
    skin colour is not really important to me
    If the girl is fit, cute, nice personality etc.

However, where i live, all I see is white girls, so when i see a good loocking black girl I get excited

Same when I was living in nigeria, so many black girls, any other good looking girl of different race, i get excited

its a matter of desensitivity

i hope i'm making sense

ReputationRep:
    But its not my fault My last two neg rep comments have been blank and "ur mum".

Pleeease I can chaaaaaange!
    Ah but you recieved the neg reps in the first place. I cannot deal with something so... so... shameful :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laam)
    I think my case is typical of most young chinese (or maybe thats only in hong kong where I live) since many teenagers hold a great fascination of getting a white gf and being able to get one brings a lot of admiration and jealousy.
    are they viewed as a 'route to prosperity' and immeasurable European/American riches and visa and passport (by any chance) ???

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Ah but you recieved the neg reps in the first place. I cannot deal with something so... so... shameful :sad:
    But I get neg reps for no reason. Its not my fault. I am who I am. If you cant except me for that we can never be together :woo:

ReputationRep:
    But I get neg reps for no reason. Its not my fault. I am who I am. If you cant except me for that we can never be together :woo:
    You could be a red gemmed monster or you could be a mistaken red gemmed victim of bullying. Either way, it could never happen - Lancaster? Jeebus. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    You could be a red gemmed monster or you could be a mistaken red gemmed victim of bullying. Either way, it could never happen - Lancaster? Jeebus. :eek3:
    There is no such thing as distance on the interwebs! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as distance on the interwebs! :ninja:
    Very true, but how do I know you're not a 50 year old man/woman/whatever, who gets its kicks out of quoting others on tsr? :p:

"Ohh CityOfMyHeart's just quoted me?" :teeth:
    *quotes back* :hubba:
    *jizz*

:rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.