Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    It is mostly just the masculine way that they look. I don't mean it to be offensive, it is in the same way that many Asian men seem to be verging on efemanate. It's not supposed to be personal, this thread just asked if people were only attracted to certain races and I answered.
    meh:cool:

on the bright side - ur more person out of the competition

lthough, your all the way in Leeds

i find Asian and mixed race guys attractive..and im black.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'm attracted to white males, when I was younger I was never exposed to many other races because I come from such a small town that is mainly white.

Although I am attracted to the actor who played Seaweed from Hairspray!

I have lots of friends who are attracted to black males, and I have been too in the past, however Asian males do nothing for me at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I posted an article saying why. When over 50% of black children have a single parent it can't just be black men who are to blame, get serious. You will often find when talking to black women that they hold men in extremely low regard, even if their partner has stuck around and is standing in the room they will still **** them off. They can also be very demanding and expectant of their men.

This has been discussed in government, so just telling me i'm wrong is hardly going to refute it.

And the whole 'In truth, many men will find any excuse to run away', what a load of crap. Why the hell would almost twice as many black men leave? Some of the blame has to lie with the women. Think about it logically; why are there far less white men going out with black women? They are unapproachable and aggresive.
    You're serious? ' MP's have been told' hardly means it's been discussed in government. If I told my MP that I saw the tooth fairy, would that mean that parliament were backing her existence. I ignored your article because it concerned only one random woman discussing a personal opinion with no research or statistics. Hardly as credible as the US president, I might add.

As I pointed out before, black men choose to turn their backs on their children to avoid responsibility. Nobody is asking them to stay with the women- only to be there for the children they had no problem fathering in the first place. You wonder why black men leave women (white women included) twice as much as other men? Culture, mentality. Dated back to the days of slavery, black men have been unable to take care of and protect their partners and children the way other men have been allowed to. Turning their backs on their families was mandatory for survival, but sadly it has carried on over the centuries and now it is a choice. All the 50% of black boys growing up without a father have no idea what proper family structure is. Most are doomed to repeat history. You might be overlooking the fact that black women are overly independent because they need to be. Having seen 50% of men around them shirk their responsibilities, they are pretty aware that they have to be prepared for that same fate.

As I pointed out before, many black women absolutely refuse to date outside their race. 90% of my black friends think it's a laughable idea. Again, it all dates back to a time where black women were used by white men. I can honestly say that, as a black woman, there is nothing more infuriating than reading about the way slave women were treated.

I really don't understand your need to keep saying that black women are aggressive. So are many white women. Not a day goes by where I go out and don't see some loud chav girl yelling the streets down about her business, effing her boyfriend on the phone or puffing cigarette smoke in her baby's face. It really is a matter of upbringing, not skin colour.

Just wondering. You're a black man, right?

(Original post by Sour_Cream)
    I dont understand where ur getting this information from...is it something uve seen in your area?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interra...ote-census5-10

Scroll down to the census bureau statistics. As you can see, there is a large diffence between black husband/white wife and black husband/black wife. It's wikipedia, but the source is credible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    You're serious? ' MP's have been told' hardly means it's been discussed in government. If I told my MP that I saw the tooth fairy, would that mean that parliament were backing her existence. I ignored your article because it concerned only one random woman discussing a personal opinion with no research or statistics. Hardly as credible as the US president, I might add.

As I pointed out before, black men choose to turn their backs on their children to avoid responsibility. Nobody is asking them to stay with the women- only to be there for the children they had no problem fathering in the first place. You wonder why black men leave women (white women included) twice as much as other men? Culture, mentality. Dated back to the days of slavery, black men have been unable to take care of and protect their partners and children the way other men have been allowed to. Turning their backs on their families was mandatory for survival, but sadly it has carried on over the centuries and now it is a choice. All the 50% of black boys growing up without a father have no idea what proper family structure is. Most are doomed to repeat history. You might be overlooking the fact that black women are overly independent because they need to be. Having seen 50% of men around them shirk their responsibilities, they are pretty aware that they have to be prepared for that same fate.

As I pointed out before, many black women absolutely refuse to date outside their race. 90% of my black friends think it's a laughable idea. Again, it all dates back to a time where black women were used by white men. I can honestly say that, as a black woman, there is nothing more infuriating than reading about the way slave women were treated.

I really don't understand your need to keep saying that black women are aggressive. So are many white women. Not a day goes by where I go out and don't see some loud chav girl yelling the streets down about her business, effing her boyfriend on the phone or puffing cigarette smoke in her baby's face. It really is a matter of upbringing, not skin colour.

Just wondering. You're a black man, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interra...ote-census5-10

Scroll down to the census bureau statistics. As you can see, there is a large diffence between black husband/white wife and black husband/black wife. It's wikipedia, but the source is credible.
    No, i'm not black. I am an objective outside observer and I have to say both sides are equally to blame. The women could work harder to keep their men, and the men could work harder to stay. I don't believe it is entirely mens fault, as you do, at all. If this were the case why would fatherless families be more prevalent not only among West Indians but also real Africans who have never even been through slavery? There is no denying that there is a lot of agression amonst both the men and the women of that group, and it just doesn't mix for a nice happy family life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    are they viewed as a 'route to prosperity' and immeasurable European/American riches and visa and passport (by any chance) ???

squish.
    Thats certainly not the case - one thing Chinese men dislike most in fact is being seen as parasitic to their other half. I think the phenomenon is down to two factors

1. A genuine feeling that white girls are the prettiest/hottest, or at least at the high echelons of Chinese beauty standards... the media and all those cosmetic advertisements play a part here.

2. A rather absurd reason that I read from some articles related to this phenomenon, but I agree to some sense... theres a saying here that 'chinese girls who marries to a westerner are seen as traitors whilst chinese guys who are able to get a white girl are seen as fighting for their motherland (為國爭光 - thats a poor translation... but the meaning is more or less similar)'. The overall idea is that chinese men feel embarrassed that 'their girls' would be taken by westerners and that they themselves could not even manage to do the opposite. Add to the factor that Hong Kong used to be a British colony and many top positions were occupied by westerners, it is understandable that getting a white girl seems to bring him some sort of prestige and elevates him on the same status with the 'gweilos'.

So yeah, theres some sort of inferior complex and nationalistic thinking behind reason #2, but I would daresay reason #1 is the major factor behind all these fascinations. Oh well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Man 3000)
    I hate it when I meet Iranian girls, and they say they're Persian, just because, lets be honest Persia is a sexy sounding word. Even though Persia is used in social and cultural context nowadays, the official line since 1935 is that they're Iranian.

Anyways yea the Iranians are quite good looking, but I generally have a tendency towards Indian girls and whites. I think there is something in our subconscious, that yearns for someone of a similar background, when seeking a bf/gf. I could recognise someone who was from the same part of India that my family was from, by just looking at facial features, or whether they were from any of the surrounding countries. Its like a 6th sense.
    loool my dad does that theres this half white half indian girl at my garba but she looks reeealy white and my dad was like nope shes definitely darji
    and then when i spoke to her she told me she was
    i was lyk oh :| ha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.