Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey could somebody please give me some information about Liverty Living Halls? I couldn't get to University Halls so I was looking into this "Liberty Living" building. How does that work? You can't get any friends into your room right?

ReputationRep:
    Liberty living are nice.

Had to live in one of their provate accomodation, and it was so much better than the student halls the university offered, this is at Birmingham btw.

Their en-suite bedrooms are nice, and cosy, and you are allowed friends in your room. If they are from outside then sign them in, but they can't stop you from inviting people over and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    heyy thanks for the info! can they stay for the night in the room if they're from somewhere else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was in Orions Point last septemember when i was in your position when it was owned by unite. Libery Living took over mid way through the year. The standards are MUCH nicer than the uni halls. You get a keycard that willa llow you entry to your block, your flat and your room. Other people can't get in your flat / room unless they're meant to be there.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks! but, if I invite someone to spend the night over.. are we allowed to do that?

ReputationRep:
    If those are the ones previously owned by unite, I know that a lot of students had trouble with things like getting repairs seen, and getting deposits back. The university should have a list of private accomodation, but I appreciate it is difficult if you can't go and look at places before you arrive. Maybe liberty are a better company!

ReputationRep:
    David, I see you're working hard! I also looked at this Halls and they look very nice! I'd like to know if there are rooms still available, talk to me when you know more, I'll do the same.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They may have rules about not having people to stay over, but like in most halls, people usually ignore it and nothing is done. Everyone knows that most students will have people to stay at some point during the year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Does anybody know what the internet policies/internet speed is like at either Mercury or Orion?

TIA

ReputationRep:
    Last year you got 512kb speed with 10gb download limit for free, or your could pay £4.99 PER WEEK for 2mb speed with 30gb limit.

I bloody well hope they pull their fingers out and get somethign decent installed for this year for free, or a competitive price...

ReputationRep:
    Thats a horrible connection with an equally bad limit!

edit: I just got off the phone with them and they are changing supplier at the end of September. Said they won't have any of the details for the new supplier to Mercury Point till 26th August.

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in Cardif. Liberty seem much better than unite. you can have someone to stay over i think its for maybe a couple of nights. theyve done a lot about the internet speeds, and best of all its FREE!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) also did you know you get insurance free too?

ReputationRep:
    I have a spare single en suite room on Bedford campus if anyone needs it. I liked living there but no longer need a room for next year. If anyone needs it message me please
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Umarah hussain)
    I have a spare single en suite room on Bedford campus if anyone needs it. I liked living there but no longer need a room for next year. If anyone needs it message me please
    You're replying to posts from 2009 in the Southampton university forum.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.