Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For people planning on going to uni in september 2009 Watch

ReputationRep:
    well i am one of those and im waiting until results day to go through clearing, most people are telling me to send off my student finance form off even if i dont have an offer for a place at the moment. I tried to apply online however on one of the steps it asks me to add my uni place i have an offer from. however as i do not have this yet what do i do? and it doesnt allow me to skip the section.

Im worried everyones telling me im leaving it too late

ReputationRep:
    Your going totally through clearing? You never had a firm choice which you dropped? I would put that down if you had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Your going totally through clearing? You never had a firm choice which you dropped? I would put that down if you had.
    i declined some of my offers, so yeh completly through clearing

ReputationRep:
    Brave :/

I think you have to have put a uni on the student finance application form, so I don't think you'd be able to apply just yet... maybe just wait until results day

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=charlotterg5]Brave :/

why brave? ur making me more worried lol

ReputationRep:
    Since the application was meant to be in a while ago then it would be a good idea to get it in asap. You could try and put down one of the courses you declined. They should be able to trace you through your ucas number if you can find the 9 digit.
    I would reccomend calling them tomorrow though. It could be a case of waiting to see if you can get a course you like through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    why brave? ur making me more worried lol
    Just because you're taking a gamble on where you're going I suppose. I'm just too OCD about stuff like organisation and lists and order etc to be able to do something as spontaneous as that. It was pretty much a compliment in my own backwards way. Even though I've got somewhere as my firm offer, I guess you could still say I was taking a pretty big gamble as I don't think I've got the grades. I'll probably be joining you in clearing

How come you rejected the uni's you got offers from? Are you holding out for a specific one or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotterg5)
    Just because you're taking a gamble on where you're going I suppose. I'm just too OCD about stuff like organisation and lists and order etc to be able to do something as spontaneous as that. It was pretty much a compliment in my own backwards way. Even though I've got somewhere as my firm offer, I guess you could still say I was taking a pretty big gamble as I don't think I've got the grades. I'll probably be joining you in clearing

How come you rejected the uni's you got offers from? Are you holding out for a specific one or something?
    yeh i think im a bit like that too but im trying to stay relaxed and positive although deep down im shi*ing it because i dont really have a choice. I declined them because wen i applied for them i was so wrapped up in revision and stressing over exams and teachers were nagging us over getting our applications sent, i just decided to apply for any place i heard from friends that may be good. However i never visited any and after i got the offers i realised i didnt actually want to go to them.. so i took the gamble...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    I declined them because wen i applied for them i was so wrapped up in revision and stressing over exams and teachers were nagging us over getting our applications sent, i just decided to apply for any place i heard from friends that may be good. However i never visited any and after i got the offers i realised i didnt actually want to go to them.. so i took the gamble...
    And then they introduce the concept of 'Adjustment' AFTER we make our final firm & insurance decisions. Ohhh the brains behind UCAS never cease to amaze me :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.