Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    The majority of people are guilty of supporting the vulnerable more than those that cause the harm. You say someone is more likely to have the animals interest at heart, than the person arrested. Look at people that kill children, if you follow up on the abusers welfare you'd get eaten alive by the general public who say do the crime do the time. If you expressed any concern what so ever behind the intentions of Ian Huntley's actions, you'd no doubt get bricks through the window and the a few disgruntled middle class daily mail readers outside your house.

Whilst it's an unfortunate problem in our society that people inevitably support the victim without delving into the past of the accused I'd hazard a guess that this is due to being blinded by anger at that persons actions rather than an actual disregard for what caused them to behave in that way. It's one of the many problems that we have to deal with, but alas we can make progress in these areas.
    Of course, of course. I'm not saying it's not natural to look after the vulnerable. I was just contesting your comment that animal cruelty is a concern because the people might grow to harm humans, while I believe, that when people read threads like this or that one about the swan some time ago or any bad farming condition thread, they get upset because of the poor innocent animal, not really because they fear becoming a murder victim.
    I propose you and others mention the likelihood of future murder because it makes your fight more interesting to people (like Lefty Leo) who don't care about animals, not because that's what you're really fighting for.

I agree to disagree if you still have an argument to this post. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-E-N-O-V-A)
    I just watched:

The Dagestan Massacre.

Two bunnies being crushed by some woman. Real slowly, the second one nearly brought me to tears cause of the squeeling.

A dog being burnt alive and its neck crushed by some lady.

I don't like people.
    I feel this misantrophy quite often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Of course, of course. I'm not saying it's not natural to look after the vulnerable. I was just contesting your comment that animal cruelty is a concern because the people might grow to harm humans, while I believe, that when people read threads like this or that one about the swan some time ago or any bad farming condition thread, they get upset because of the poor innocent animal, not really because they fear becoming a murder victim.
    I propose you and others mention the likelihood of future murder because it makes your fight more interesting to people (like Lefty Leo) who don't care about animals, not because that's what you're really fighting for.

I'll take that on board and recommend it to others

(Original post by EskimoJo)

Why are you encouraging people to be disingenuous?

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I was accusing you of doing that, not suggesting you should! :rofl:
    Ah well, that came out wrong! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-E-N-O-V-A)
    I just watched:

The Dagestan Massacre.

Two bunnies being crushed by some woman. Real slowly, the second one nearly brought me to tears cause of the squeeling.

A dog being burnt alive and its neck crushed by some lady.

I don't like people.
    If you're like me something else will rekindle that faith and hope in humanity. A little thing like a stranger offering to buy you a drink or seeing an old woman being helped across the road.

ReputationRep:
    GMH never fails to make me feel better if I feel like I'm losing faith in humanity
    http://www.givesmehope.com/

ReputationRep:
    Humanity isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be. It's actually rather more boring than the hype suggests.

PS If you liked Dagestan massacre, you'll love 3men1hammer.

ReputationRep:
    We aren't getting any worse at all.

If we weren't inhumane, we wouldn't be here, our ancestors would of died nursing prey instead of eating it.

I do not condone unnecessary pain towards anything such as the examples in the OP, fortunately we have reached a state where options have materialized so people can be considerate towards animals but to imply our humanity is in a state of decline is entirely erroneous.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.