Turn on thread page Beta

Uni Rankings watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OK........we are agreed oxbridge overall hold top 2 rankings in ALMOST everything (save imperial and lse in their respective fields), however, overall, what do you think the top 5 uni's AFTER OXBRIDGE in the UK are in terms of only REPUTATION.....????

I think.........

1. Edinburgh
    2. Durham
    3. LSE
    4. Imperial
    5. Bristol

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocksteady99)
    OK........we are agreed oxbridge overall hold top 2 rankings in ALMOST everything (save imperial and lse in their respective fields), however, overall, what do you think the top 5 uni's AFTER OXBRIDGE in the UK are in terms of only REPUTATION.....????

I think.........

1. Edinburgh
    2. Durham
    3. LSE
    4. Imperial
    5. Bristol

Any thoughts?
    In my opinion, reputation wise LSE and Imperial have a true reputation in that if one was to be offered a place at either of these institutions it would be extremely hard to turn down (with exception of Oxbridge)...whilst the other unis there would be not as much difficultly. That's just me..i'm sure peeps disagree

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people say Durham is crap now it's my personal favourite though.

ReputationRep:
    1 Durham
    2 York
    3 Edingburough
    4 Bristol
    5 Warwick

ReputationRep:
    1. LSE
    2. Imperial
    3. UCL
    4. Durham
    5. Edinborough

ETA: I'm not applying to any of them!

1. LSE
    2. Imperial
    3. Bristol/Edinburgh
    4. UCL/Nottingham
    5. York/Warwick/UMIST

I don't understand the emphasis people on this message board put on durham as it really isnt amazing and relatively unknown by employers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    1. LSE
    2. Imperial
    3. UCL
    4. Durham
    5. Edinborough
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocksteady99)
    2. Durham

Any thoughts?
    No offense, but, nah..

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.