Turn on thread page Beta

Is it racist to wish for stricter limits on immigration? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nearly every news medium I have seen has claimed that the government will be worried about or may face accusations of racism in regards to the new immigration system.

What kind of pinhead would heckle the government as racist for this?

Do YOU think this is racist?

ReputationRep:
    If you hate everyone not matter what they're race, it's not racist.

ReputationRep:
    Of course its not racist.

ReputationRep:
    No. It's not racist to impose limits on immigration.

ReputationRep:
    No, course not. I find the immigration laws in the UK quite weird really. For example, I came back from holiday yesterday and at immigration, I saw women who couldn't speak English waving their British passports walking up to the queue, while my mum and me (we've been here for 12 years, my mum's a doctor) still don't have a right to British citizenship, even thought I'd like to think that we've contributed positively to British society. Ah, that's the immigration laws for you.

ReputationRep:
    No it is not racist as long as you don't discriminate against certain races on purpose. However, I do hate it when immigrants come here and then refuse to blend into the culture, instead opting to create a microcosm of what their country is like. It would really help if they were to learn English and at least adopt some form of British identity. If you want to live in this country then act like you are living in this country. But so says the boy waving the Nigerian flag :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenapples8)
    No, course not. I find the immigration laws in the UK quite weird really. For example, I came back from holiday yesterday and at immigration, I saw women who couldn't speak English waving their British passports walking up to the queue, while my mum and me (we've been here for 12 years, my mum's a doctor) still don't have a right to British citizenship, even thought I'd like to think that we've contributed positively to British society. Ah, that's the immigration laws for you.
    Where do you come from may I ask? If you have been living here for over 10 years then I am sure that there is some amnesty which you can receive as long as you can prove that you have been working here for over 10 years. But in all honesty by know someone like your mother at least should be elligible to become a citizen. Shame on the government :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    . Shame on the government :mad:
    Indeed.

For many things.

Just got back from finland yesterday (TALL SHIPS RACES!! ) and i had to queue for twice as long for the UK/EU passports than any others, DESPITE there being about half the number of people in my queue.

I like the kiwi approach. Flash the black passport and you get waved through no worries, and get given a cup of coffee..

ReputationRep:
    India. And nope, there's no amnesty for us, the amnesty's only if you came here illegally (joy...). They did provide a reason, I can't really remember what it was though, something about there being a stamp missing I think . See, we wouldn't mind not being eligible if the laws were the same for everybody, but it's just that it's all very skewed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)

I like the kiwi approach. Flash the black passport and you get waved through no worries, and get given a cup of coffee..
    Hmmm.... Me thinks it is time for me to fly off to New Zealand. I wonder if it will match my experience in duh duh dum... Australia :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    omg that is like soooo raciiist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Hmmm.... Me thinks it is time for me to fly off to New Zealand. I wonder if it will match my experience in duh duh dum... Australia :holmes:
    :hmmm: :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenapples8)
    India. And nope, there's no amnesty for us, the amnesty's only if you came here illegally (joy...). They did provide a reason, I can't really remember what it was though, something about there being a stamp missing I think . See, we wouldn't mind not being eligible if the laws were the same for everybody, but it's just that it's all very skewed.
    Then I think it is time for you to start bringing out the lawyers and campaiging for citizenship because that ain't right. How come someone like you come here legally, live here for 12 years for God's sake and still not be elligible for citizenship when my own mother who works the home office in its immigration sector, have come to this country illegally in 1990, only become legal when they married my Dad (who luckily was born here) and then 8 years later start to work for the same people who only 10 years ago would have been looking for her so that she can be kicked out. The mind boggles :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    :hmmm: :naughty:
    Seriously Australia was gorgeous but I am sure New Zealand is as great as your big sister Australia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Seriously Australia was gorgeous but I am sure New Zealand is as great as your big sister Australia
    hmm.

Well i do like australia actually..

Its just the people :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No way!! im an imagrint and proud!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    imagrint

ReputationRep:
    No, it's probably less racist. If there's a lower level, people feel more comfortable, more immigrants will integrate, communities will be less turbulent and people will feel less inclined to vote for parties like the BNP.

Wouldn't that be better?

ReputationRep:
    Racism is a propganda slogan for the multi cultural lunatics.

The word racism and racist has lost all meaning t e. T call someone a racist really does not mean anything anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Nope course it isnt

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.