Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it racist to wish for stricter limits on immigration? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nein, 'tis not racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crusading)
    Racism is a propganda slogan for the multi cultural lunatics.

The word racism and racist has lost all meaning t e. T call someone a racist really does not mean anything anymore.
    :yes:

(Original post by crusading)
    Racism is a propganda slogan for the multi cultural lunatics.

The word racism and racist has lost all meaning t e. T call someone a racist really does not mean anything anymore.
    Hmm, yet I notice you say stuff like this:

europe has the most beautiful girls whilst africa have the ugliest, I think all black woman are undeniably ugly.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    We need far stricter limits on immigration than the ones the government are proposing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Nearly every news medium I have seen has claimed that the government will be worried about or may face accusations of racism in regards to the new immigration system.

What kind of pinhead would heckle the government as racist for this?

Do YOU think this is racist?
    no it means people stay where they should be with their families and friends and we can all have our jobs back

ReputationRep:
    Its not racist to be anti-immigration but the majority of anti-immgration people are racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Where do you come from may I ask? If you have been living here for over 10 years then I am sure that there is some amnesty which you can receive as long as you can prove that you have been working here for over 10 years. But in all honesty by know someone like your mother at least should be elligible to become a citizen. Shame on the government :mad:
    I thought you became a UK citizen after 8 years... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    no it means people stay where they should be with their families and friends and we can all have our jobs back
    The immigrants haven't taken all our jobs. What a dumb, ignorant statement. I take it someone reads too much of the Daily Star.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotterg5)
    The immigrants haven't taken all our jobs. What a dumb, ignorant statement. I take it someone reads too much of the Daily Star.
    well unemployment is at an all time high...that could be a reason

ReputationRep:
    well unemployment is at an all time high...that could be a reason
    It's called a recession. We have them from time to time, as the economy is cyclical. You can't "boom" forever, so every so often there's a "bust". It's got nothing to do with immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    It's called a recession. We have them from time to time, as the economy is cyclical. You can't "boom" forever, so every so often there's a "bust". It's got nothing to do with immigrants.
    maybe but still, they dont help the situation

ReputationRep:
    who cares? send them all back where they came from

ReputationRep:
    maybe but still, they dont help the situation
    Not maybe... fact.
    The jobs held though are typically unskilled and underpaid, would you want that kind of job? Did you hear about the hotel in London on the news the other day that was paying migrant cleaners less than minimum wage per hour, and only paying them for around half of the hours they actually worked? They also take up vacancies for which we don't have enough qualified people, like nurses and so on. So either way, they're not really directly taking away any jobs as you either wouldn't want the job in the first place (slave labour=no thankyou), or there aren't people for the job anyway.

I don't think it's racist to impose regulations on immigration, but equally I think it is racist to blame immigrants for society's ills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    who cares? send them all back where they came from
    :eek3:

Please say you're joking/trolling?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Hmm, yet I notice you say stuff like this:

:rolleyes:
    What's racist about thinking black women are ugly? Are we not allowed to not be attracted to certain races nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    The permanent ban speaks volumes, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Nearly every news medium I have seen has claimed that the government will be worried about or may face accusations of racism in regards to the new immigration system.

What kind of pinhead would heckle the government as racist for this?

Do YOU think this is racist?
    Not really, it's the reasons they're doing it that could be judged racist or not racist. And i don't think they are, it's not because they don't want the "dirty foreigners" to steal all our jobs, or we other bs the real racists are coming out with these days.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not racist.

ReputationRep:
    Not maybe... fact.
    The jobs held though are typically unskilled and underpaid, would you want that kind of job? Did you hear about the hotel in London on the news the other day that was paying migrant cleaners less than minimum wage per hour, and only paying them for around half of the hours they actually worked? They also take up vacancies for which we don't have enough qualified people, like nurses and so on. So either way, they're not really directly taking away any jobs as you either wouldn't want the job in the first place (slave labour=no thankyou), or there aren't people for the job anyway.

I don't think it's racist to impose regulations on immigration, but equally I think it is racist to blame immigrants for society's ills.
    ok i agree they do all of the laborious jobs but some people who are british can still do a days hard graft for pittance. there are more needy people in society

and its not racist as the same could be said for, say, the ageing population who may be staying in a job where a younger person could be more competent

*lowers debate tone* actually, today when i was out i saw some immigrant workers on a field picking the crops etc., so you do have a good point about the 'slave labour'

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.