Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when a relationship ends... against what you want... how do you make the pain stop? is it supposed to be so painful? like it's the worst thing in the world... like not a shimmer of light is in the distance? i loved her so, so, so much and it's all gone. i don't know what to do, say, think. she's always in the back of my mind... everytime i think of her i keep breaking down in tears. why is it so painful?!?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Panadol

ReputationRep:
    Love is like that unfortunately, it will hurt, but you need to stop being so melodramatic about it, in the end you will get over it, or learn to live with it. Dont think of your life as based around her, get out there, do things you enjoy have a beer etc, it isnt the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    It just takes time. When you break up with someone you love you experience every negative emotion possible; loss, regret, anger, paranoia, self doubt, you are scared et cetera.. And there's nothing you can do in the short term to help it. I had one particularly nasty experience where I cried non-stop for days, I thought I'd never get over it. Months later I was still upset but every day I woke up feeling a little better. Before I knew it I found myself going entire days without thinking about him and soon enough it was entire weeks. Now, when he contacts me I can hardly be bothered to reply.

You'll be OK dude, it just takes a bit of waiting it out. You'll feel better soon.

drinking does not...

ReputationRep:
    Time is the only thing that will make it better I'm afraid.
    And simple pleasures, but I know they feel like crap in the context of how you're feeling.

Feel better soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    when a relationship ends... against what you want... how do you make the pain stop? is it supposed to be so painful? like it's the worst thing in the world... like not a shimmer of light is in the distance? i loved her so, so, so much and it's all gone. i don't know what to do, say, think. she's always in the back of my mind... everytime i think of her i keep breaking down in tears. why is it so painful?!?!?!?!?!
    Time and casual sex are great healers.

ReputationRep:
    It's down to that old cliche of time is the greatest healer - it is so true. When you first break up with someone you loved of course you are bound to be very upset and down, but as each day goes by it does get a tiny bit better. Don't expect things to get better instantly it might even take a few months if you were with her for a long period of time.

ReputationRep:
    It hurts, there is nothing that will make it better other than time. Sometimes writing down your feelings can give you a clearer perspective on why it ended and how to move on. I was in your shoes last year and it feels like your heart won't ever heal but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND YOU THIS BOOK/CD:

PAUL MCKENNA: I CAN MEND YOUR BROKEN HEART
    It's acompanied with a cd that helps with the healing process...a sort of hypnosis that DOES WORK.

IT WAS THE FIRST THING I BROUGHT THE DAY AFTER MY RECENT BREAKUP...it rationalises everything you're thinking, feeling.

KEEP BUSY TOO...be around friends. Try avoid the places, topics etc that reminds you of her

sometimes the pain doesn't stop....at least not for me months on. You loved that person, do you ever stop loving someone? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    cut our your ovaries, you fairy

ReputationRep:
    You just accept that it's natural to feel this way. And time heals all wounds. But even if it doesn't, no more to be done, you just live with it.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes the pain doesn't stop....at least not for me months on. You loved that person, do you ever stop loving someone? I don't think so.
    i agree...one cannot turn off their feelings for someone like a tap

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.