Turn on thread page Beta

Woman sues her old university because she can't get a job... watch

ReputationRep:
    "A New York woman who says she cannot find a job is suing the college where she obtained a bachelor's degree, the New York Post reports.
    She is seeking to recover $70,000 (£42,000) she spent on tuition to get her information technology degree."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8180806.stm

Haven't seen this posted already, and thought it might be good for a TSR discussion.
    I find it hilarious that she's sueing her university because SHE'S unemployable; but similarly there seem to be a lot of people on here who believe that attending university entitles them to a job. So, what are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    lol owch...imagine that 42k of debt...

ReputationRep:
    People will do anything for money :sigh: If she wins I will be amazed

ReputationRep:
    Only in America!

ReputationRep:
    lmao - oh the irony

incidently i work in a call centre as a team manager on my team i have a fully trained solicitor and a fully trained architect who cant find work in thier chosen fields and stuck selling insurance over the phone

ReputationRep:
    Daft cow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    lmao - oh the irony

incidently i work in a call centre as a team manager on my team i have a fully trained solicitor and a fully trained architect who cant find work in thier chosen fields and stuck selling insurance over the phone
    At least they've made the effort to find work though. I can't believe this woman can find nothing. :p:

ReputationRep:
    People just expect things to be handed to them on a plate. She's only been out of Uni since April... and we're in a recession.. jobs are not exactly easy to come by. Somebody needs a slap... If she wins i will be AMAZED.

ReputationRep:
    £42,000! Wow our debt will probably be £30,000 maximum and that includes maintenance. I'm glad I don't live in America.

She doesn't really have a case to sue unless her tutors taught her particularly badly. It's not their fault she can't get a job, it's the boys in Citigroup, AIG and Lehman Brothers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was reading it on this article as well... Article link

ReputationRep:
    People never cease to amaze me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    People never seize to amaze me...
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    People never seize to amaze me...
    Did you mean cease?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Only in America!
    ^^

This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klenodie)
    Did you mean cease?
    Darn, why help him/her out lol - should have let her squirm first - or atleast put the phrase into google - for her/him to get a 'Did you mean'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    Darn, why help him/her out lol - should have let her squirm first - or atleast put the phrase into google - for her/him to get a 'Did you mean'
    Because I am a kind and compassionate person! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why are Americans soo weird :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Why are Americans soo weird :confused:

It's the air, not quite enough sulphur. Though to give them their dues, they have been trying to change that very hard for the last hundred years or so, bless their little polyester socks...

ReputationRep:
    Goodness! It doesn't say what kind of jobs she was looking for ... it is hard to get a graduate level job at first, that's life, but I'm sure she could get something like waitressing in the mean time. Or do some kind of training.

Mind you, perhaps she does have it hard - if this was the UK she could go on a free gap year instead ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klenodie)
    Did you mean cease?
    Aye, I did, thanks. Just a typing mistake and not reading over what I typed before clicking submit reply lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.