Turn on thread page Beta

Woman sues her old university because she can't get a job... watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope she didn't get that degree in law...

ReputationRep:
    wow, that's crazy, I guess it's worth a try...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klenodie)
    Because I am a kind and compassionate person! :p:
    haha, thats how you may come across here, but you ain't foolin' me missy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Maybe I should get on a plane to America and sue the airline for not dropping me directly at my direct destination thus losing me money!

ReputationRep:
    who thinks her standards are too high I mean she can get a job she just needs to not be so far up her own arse

ReputationRep:
    Well it says in the article: "The ex-student, who received her degree in April, says the college's Office of Career Advancement did not provide her with the leads and career advice it had promised."
    So maybe there is merit in the lawsuit if what she says is true.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she did a mickey mouse degree? :confused:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That's hilarious! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    Aye, I did, thanks. Just a typing mistake and not reading over what I typed before clicking submit reply lol
    yes, we believe you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Some people are so ridiculous and cannot take responsibility for their own problems, it's always someone elses- it's quite sad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    £42,000! Wow our debt will probably be £30,000 maximum and that includes maintenance. I'm glad I don't live in America.
    My debt will be 4-5 years at £3000 (so probably around £15k), and then 6 years worth of living and travelling expenses, so probably around £6k a year?

Makes £51k in total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    £42,000! Wow our debt will probably be £30,000 maximum and that includes maintenance. I'm glad I don't live in America.

She doesn't really have a case to sue unless her tutors taught her particularly badly. It's not their fault she can't get a job, it's the boys in Citigroup, AIG and Lehman Brothers.
    Mine will probably be about that much. I'm not in America, and no I'm not doing medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure other people who graduated from the same uni are working right now..It's HER problem :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    yes, we believe you :rolleyes:
    I forgot people aren't allowed to make a spelling/typing mistake on TSR, afterall there's no such thing as a mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    My debt will be 4-5 years at £3000 (so probably around £15k), and then 6 years worth of living and travelling expenses, so probably around £6k a year?

Makes £51k in total.
    You won't get a 6k loan (unless from family, etc), and you probably will be working part time during term/a summer job. Lets say you raise around 2k a year through part time employment for 6 years. Knock 12k off that.

Only 39k :yes: And you only have to pay back 9% of your wage above 15k, and all your debts are written off after 20 or so years (can't remember the number...). We've got it good in the UK. Better in scotland though, I don't have to pay a penny for tuition fees. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that is a ridiculous amount of money for an unemployed person, so glad it's cheaper here in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Only in America!
    Yeah it's not like we get any weirdos in the UK, or that there's many more people in America and therefore more silly stories...

ReputationRep:
    It's in America so no shock there!
    Just stupid really, it would be funny if the university pay up (unlikely) and in return they take back the degree and make it void :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    They should counter sue her for being a stupid, pedantic, and whiny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrPhil)
    Yeah it's not like we get any weirdos in the UK, or that there's many more people in America and therefore more silly stories...
    I stand by my original statement.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.