Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woman sues her old university because she can't get a job... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Well, there're not going to empashie that, are they?
    No, but misleading applicants isn't appropriate either.

Universities should have to disclose graduate prospects in prospectuses in the same way that packaged food has to disclose nutrition information.

ReputationRep:
    If only we can have that over here...:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    "A New York woman who says she cannot find a job is suing the college where she obtained a bachelor's degree, the New York Post reports.
    She is seeking to recover $70,000 (£42,000) she spent on tuition to get her information technology degree."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8180806.stm

Haven't seen this posted already, and thought it might be good for a TSR discussion.
    I find it hilarious that she's sueing her university because SHE'S unemployable; but similarly there seem to be a lot of people on here who believe that attending university entitles them to a job. So, what are your thoughts?
    Oh shiz! I'm starting a degree next year in ICT. *Worries*. But i'm not expecting to walk into a job straight away afterwards, if at all sadly lol. I don't care, i just want to get a degree so it's there in the future. I might get to 40 and think "You know what i wish i had gone to university and got a degree". So that's the main reason i'm doing it now while it's easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    My audiologist didn't save my hearing but she did make life a lot easier for me :tongue:
    Same with my childhood friend. Well, she got a hearing aid and could hear clearly as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    No, but misleading applicants isn't appropriate either.

Universities should have to disclose graduate prospects in prospectuses in the same way that packaged food has to disclose nutrition information.
    True. I always use www.unistats.com. Brill website :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Only in America ..lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    even if a degree does say most of its graduates get a job upon graduating, that doesnt mean a job related to your degree. it just means a job- that could be anything from being a painter to a stripper to a botanist to a street sweeper. and WTF she only graduated like 4 months ago. i wonder what her degree clasification was- i bet it's a third or something. she may have a degree but she probably lacks the personable and social skills to work in a team. maybe she's had a lot of interviews, which the uni helped her gain, which is fair enough, but theyre not gonna sit in the room with her while she's being interviewed are they- that's her problem. omg im really angry now. she better not win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    On behalf of the field of Psychology, I thank you for changing career goals.
    P.S. You sound like a ********

P.S.S I could say the same. Some of your responses to me are unpleasant, aggraviated and extreme. I don't think being a psychologist is for you. Or a doctor for that matter... what if someone gets the anoxeria BMI wrong? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    True. I always use www.unistats.com. Brill website :yes:
    Well that's because you're smarter than the average bear student :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Same with my childhood friend. Well, she got a hearing aid and could hear clearly as a result.
    I still can't hear clearly even with a hearing aid... but it does help. I wouldn't be without it now! Hooray for audiologists! I really don't know where I'd be without them and technology...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    Well that's because you're smarter than the average bear student :p:
    That would earn a rep, if I haven't given it away... because I like to think I'm smart :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there's plenty of toilets that need cleaning.

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck to her

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.