Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This might have been answered in the 56 page thread on applications but there just isn't the time to read through it all to then find it hasn't been mentioned.

I'm having a problem with them whereby as part of my sandwich course i'm supposed to be on placement this coming academic year and therefore they've offered me barely anything in support, however i've chosen not to take the year out and continue with the final year. As i wasn't doing to well in some of my modules i've waited until i've had confirmation from the uni that i can continue.

Now i've found that i can continue i called them up and their phone service only helps people who havn't yet applied, all those that have are told "we are processing the requests and you will get a letter soon." I already have a letter and want them to re-assess it

Any advice before i go crazy not knowing where to turn?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try phoning up but even though it's only for new applicants explain your situation and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Maybe try phoning up but even though it's only for new applicants explain your situation and they will be able to point you in the right direction.
    The only options on the phone are for new applications, which mine isn't. Existing applications, which results in the computer voice telling me that they're processing applications and i should wait. Parents/Sponsors of applicants which also isn't me.

There just isn't any help for people who have applied but need to change their application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    The only options on the phone are for new applications, which mine isn't. Existing applications, which results in the computer voice telling me that they're processing applications and i should wait. Parents/Sponsors of applicants which also isn't me.

There just isn't any help for people who have applied but need to change their application.
    Oh I meant just go through the option for new applicants anyway, they should be able to still advise.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got through to them last sunday and was told to send in a change of circumstances for and everything will be sorted. Did that straight away and have been waiting nervously since, i've been checking daily to see when they've recieved it and when they've updated my entitlement but it just hasn't happened. My university want me to commit to whether i'm doing the course today and my landlord has given me til friday to commit to the house, but without the SLC telling me "yes it'll be fine, we're giving you X amount" i can't do either. I've tried ringing up to have a plead with them but got the old "All operators are busy, try again later."

At this rate i'm going to be forced to drop out of university and lose my the house i worked so hard to acquire for myself and my friends

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.