Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtmad)
    will smith was good in the pursuit of happyness even if he was playing himself to a degree

theres nothing wrong with that though...joe pesci played himself in goodfellas and it was a legendary performance
    I hated The Pursuit Of Happyness. Seriously, they might as well have called it The Pursuit of An Oscar!

ReputationRep:
    Christian Bale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    The whole cast of Harry Potter should be executed in the most savage way possible for crimes against acting. Daniel Radciffe and Hermione Granger in particular should be tortured for possibly the crappest acting in the world.
    I disagree Maggie smith and the first dumbledore were brilliant bar them yes I suppose the rest should be

ReputationRep:
    Heath Ledger?? GTFO! I'd like to see any of you pull off his role as The Joker. I disagree with Johnny Depp, I think he does great characterisations.

I vote Christian Bale. Anyone could do his roles.

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe...he's soo not talented >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Heath Ledger?? GTFO! I'd like to see any of you pull off his role as The Joker. I disagree with Johnny Depp, I think he does great characterisations.
    Agreed 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    The whole cast of Harry Potter should be executed in the most savage way possible for crimes against acting. Daniel Radciffe and Hermione Granger in particular should be tortured for possibly the crappest acting in the world.

Haha!
    Yes, Emma Watson is not talented at all imo. Another one I dislike is Keira Knightley. All that hype.. for nothing.

(I might get slaughtered for this.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    8 reasons you are wrong

1. Lockhart ( kenneth branagh )
    2. Snape ( Alan Rickman )
    3. Voldemort ( Ralph Fiennes )
    4. McGonagal ( Maggie Smith )
    5. Dumbledore ( both Richard Harris and Michael Gambon )
    6. Sirius Black ( Gary Oldman )
    7. The Weasly twins ( James and Oliver Phelps )
    8. Horace Slughorn ( Jim Broadbent )

ReputationRep:
    Keanu Reeves is overrated, his only good films were the Matix series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    :rofl:
    one of them is an actor and the other is a fictional character
    how do you execute a non existant person

ReputationRep:
    Megan Fox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitOfAnAlchy)
    Daniel Radcliffe literally does play the same character in every film :rolleyes:
    He's got a lot better since the first Harry Potter film to be fair to him though.

I think Will Smith's fairly overrated. He seems to just play himself a lot of the time.
    Dayumm dude Will Smith is amazing.

And i could name a lot of variation in his acting. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    most over rated actors:
    colin farrell ---, absolute **** in alexander, despite an oscar winning director and huge budget he failed to deliver.

orlando bloom--same as above, absolute suckage in kingdom of heaven despite a fantastic script, director and budget. if russel crowe played the role it would have been far more succesful.

steven seagal --- i dont need to comment

keanau reeves --stars in great flicks, but plays the same guy in almost every movie. has only one expression.

most over rated actress: angelina jolie, can't stand the *****, absolute garbage poser

ReputationRep:
    Keanu Reeves
    Ben Affleck
    Steven Seagal
    Sir Ben Kingsley
    Matthew Mcconaughey
    Hugh Grant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotdog)
    No one mentioned thus fair I believe has ever been called a credible actor. Everyone knows that Will Smith just makes entertaining "3 star" blockbusters, but I doubt anyone has ever praised him for his acting prowess. Likewise Stiller is just a comedian, though I don't find him funny.
    I agree. But I did think it was refreshing to see him in the pursuit of happyness.

ReputationRep:
    Mel frikkin Gibson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)
    8 reasons you are wrong

1. Lockhart ( kenneth branagh ) hmmm he was okay2. Snape ( Alan Rickman ) he is quite good I suppose
    3. Voldemort ( Ralph Fiennes ) personally can't stand him
    4. McGonagal ( Maggie Smith ) highlight of the films 5. Dumbledore ( both Richard Harris and Michael Gambon ) (RICHARD HARRIS DEFINITLEY HE WAS PERFECT.... MICHAEL GAMBON --- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    6. Sirius Black ( Gary Oldman ) how could I forget he was my favourite character 7. The Weasly twins ( James and Oliver Phelps ) NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!8. Horace Slughorn ( Jim Broadbent )
    ALL IN ALL ONE OR TWO EXCEPTIONS.... oohhh and I think the girl who plays luna is quite good for someone that won a competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Mel frikkin Gibson
    Someone agrees with me! Woop! Mel Gibson is aweful .....

ReputationRep:
    I should start a youtube telling the people who called Johnny Depp awful to LEAVE HIM ALONE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Well I agree on the young actors, but taking a group of children with no real acting experience and turning them into Oscar winners overnight was always going to be impossible. The producers at least tried to soften the blow by getting big, experienced actors to fill the other roles.
    Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane, Richard Harris, Jim Broadbent, Ralph Fiennes - all pretty good.
    Personally I think Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange is one of the most underrated performances of the series - she's just brilliant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.