Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Disagree with anyone that says Will Smith to be honest, has no one ever seen TPOH or Seven Pounds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Megan Fox
    I have to disagree. Nobody claimed she could act.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also gonna say Radcliffe. I know people might say he's not rated as a great actor anyway, but to even call him an average actor is a massive overstatement of his abilities.

ReputationRep:
    Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Daniel Radcliffe, Orlando Bloom. They're all incredibly dull and tend to play the ame character, Hugh Grant has two modes: The love rat and the soppy romantic. I like neither.

ReputationRep:
    heath ledger is definately overrated ..... i found the joker character not very good as people said.... i mean its just a character... it didn't do anything special except laugh hysterically and walk like a stoner. but i do like heath ledger he is not bad but i am just saying that he is overrated RIP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgirl)
    ALL IN ALL ONE OR TWO EXCEPTIONS.... oohhh and I think the girl who plays luna is quite good for someone that won a competition

ooohm yes, luna is amazing ! I forgot about her. I really like Gambon, he is so sarcastic, I love it!
    You don't like the twins ??

ReputationRep:
    Morgan Freeman. Otherwise known as 'wise black man'.

ReputationRep:
    Christian Bale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Daniel Radcliffe, Orlando Bloom. They're all incredibly dull and tend to play the ame character, Hugh Grant has two modes: The love rat and the soppy romantic. I like neither.
    Completely agree.

Any stab at an emotion on his face comes off as a bad case of constipation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Well I agree on the young actors, but taking a group of children with no real acting experience and turning them into Oscar winners overnight was always going to be impossible. The producers at least tried to soften the blow by getting big, experienced actors to fill the other roles.
    Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane, Richard Harris, Jim Broadbent, Ralph Fiennes - all pretty good.
    Personally I think Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange is one of the most underrated performances of the series - she's just brilliant.

:yes: :yes: It seems there were more than 8 reasons he was wrong

ReputationRep:
    Zac Effron
    &
    Christian Bale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Hugh Grant, Daniel Radcliffe, Orlando Bloom.
    That's my list. Maybe add Emma Watson and the girl who plays Ginny, though at least they are better than Daniel Radcliffe.

I think Johnny Depp is awesome but I guess he can be annoying...

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe
    I am currently working my way through the first 5 HP films, his acting in the first 2 is shocking!!

ReputationRep:
    adam sandler and hugh grant

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe.

ReputationRep:
    definitely colin firth. he always plays the same character and he always seems kind of confused.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who I believe is really UNDERRATED Jodie Foster. Although she has won two oscars, I still don't think people see how good she really is. Watch 'Taxi Driver', 'The Silence Of The Lambs' and 'Maverick' all in one sitting, and you'll see how versatile and talented she is.

I also think Leonardo DiCaprio is an awesome actor who has done well to shake off the 'Titanic teen heartthrob' image. He will really come into this own in the next few years.

ReputationRep:
    Johnny Depp is one of the most versatile actors I've ever come accross, every role he adopts he completely transforms himself (though admittedly always having an aura of "freak" about him). I won't hear a bad word said against the man!

Will Smith is definitely my number one over rated. Though I wouldn't call him awful, the films he stars in most certainly are. The most recent Seven Pounds and The Pursuit of Happiness are true abomonations, sickening enough to warrant an early departure from the cinema.

And in regards to Owen Wilson - unbelievably type cast, the moment he tried to escape (Behind Enemy Lines :facepalm: ) he just looked even more of a ****. The broken nose, the pout, sigh.

Oh and lastly, I'm not sure if anyone here would claim he has any talent but I've certainly heard such lies before. Channing Tatum
    is the latest hilarious plague to hit our screens, the yanks equivilent to Robert Pattinson, a useless teenage pin up.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Robert Pattinson. Christian Bale has an annoying face, an annoying auro, just annoying, he can't act at all.

Best actors: Johnny Depp, Heath Ledger and Vince Vaughn (probably not from pure acting point of view but certainly in comedy performances)

ReputationRep:
    Brad Pitt ugh cant stand that guy i hear more about his personal life that the movies that hes in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.