Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgirl)
    I disagree Maggie smith and the first dumbledore were brilliant bar them yes I suppose the rest should be
    (Original post by Xristina)
    8 reasons you are wrong

1. Lockhart ( kenneth branagh )
    2. Snape ( Alan Rickman )
    3. Voldemort ( Ralph Fiennes )
    4. McGonagal ( Maggie Smith )
    5. Dumbledore ( both Richard Harris and Michael Gambon )
    6. Sirius Black ( Gary Oldman )
    7. The Weasly twins ( James and Oliver Phelps )
    8. Horace Slughorn ( Jim Broadbent )
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Well I agree on the young actors, but taking a group of children with no real acting experience and turning them into Oscar winners overnight was always going to be impossible. The producers at least tried to soften the blow by getting big, experienced actors to fill the other roles.
    Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane, Richard Harris, Jim Broadbent, Ralph Fiennes - all pretty good.
    Personally I think Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange is one of the most underrated performances of the series - she's just brilliant.
    I must say I was a bit hasty in sentencing the whole cast to death because I agree with all of the above. But he young actors/actresses really need to be eaten by a pack of Amazonian cannibals. Helena Bonham Carter on the other hand was fantastic as Bellatrix Lestarnge. Seriously I think that woman deserves at least an Oscar nomination for that performance.

(Original post by clad in armour)
    :rofl:
    one of them is an actor and the other is a fictional character
    how do you execute a non existant person
    Nah you don't say :rolleyes: Surely it should have clicked that this was simply a mistake. Anyway, either way Emma Watson is a terrible actress.

(Original post by wholenewworld)
    Haha!
    nother one I dislike is Keira Knightley. All that hype.. for nothing.

(I might get slaughtered for this.)
    Actually, I think that she is an excellent actress. She is brilliant in Bend It Like Beckham and Pirates of The Carribean.

ReputationRep:
    Zac Effron and Vanessa Hudgens.

Can not stand.

EDIT: The new Dumbledore, he just seemed to be playing a bad impersonation of Gandalf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-E-N-O-V-A)
    Morgan Freeman. Otherwise known as 'wise black man'.
    Ahah so true, can't stand him either.

Mel Gibson and Colin Farrell anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Man 3000)
    Heath Ledger.
    I'd have to agree with that. I think he was absolutely fantastic in the Dark Knight, I loved his performance and it made the film imo, but nothing else that I've seen him in has struck me really. Nice av btw :B

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming 'Actor' here is extended to females as the majority of posts refer to males.
    Keira Knightley
    Scarlett Johannson
    Penelope Cruz
    Angelina Jolie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Hugh Grant has two modes: The love rat and the soppy romantic. I like neither.
    haha, completely agree

and I also absolutely DESPISE Keira Knightley, all she eever does is pout like a fish, look shocked/horrified and wear victorian dresses. Her performance in Pirates of the Carribean makes me cringe at times, and I really don't think that she was suitable for character of Elizabeth. The transformation of Elizabeth from a naiive daddies little rich girl to a headstrong independent woman is far from convincing, she doesn't play the latter well at all.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Gambon as Dumbledore...

ReputationRep:
    Agreeing with most of the actors mentioned above.
    Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange is simply fantastic. I would like to see the rubbish young actors in Harry potter (except Rupert Grint who's ok) try their hands at other movies just to see if they are really as terrible as people say or if its just the appalling director who screwed them over.

That being said they are still pretty bad.

Dev Patel. I don't know if anyone ever claimed he was good but with all the hype surrounding slum dog millionaire I would just like to separate Danny Boyle's genius and the excellent writing, producing, songs, locations and anything good about the movie from the second-rate actor that is Dev Patel.

Rubbish in Skins, rubbish in Slumdog, and probably going to be rubbish in whatever else he'll be in next.

ReputationRep:
    Will Ferrell. Funny at times (Anchorman springs to mind), but doesn't merit the buzz methinks

ReputationRep:
    george clooney

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-lolarose-x)
    haha, completely agree

and I also absolutely DESPISE Keira Knightley, all she eever does is pout like a fish, look shocked/horrified and wear victorian dresses. Her performance in Pirates of the Carribean makes me cringe at times, and I really don't think that she was suitable for character of Elizabeth. The transformation of Elizabeth from a naiive daddies little rich girl to a headstrong independent woman is far from convincing, she doesn't play the latter well at all.
    I think she can be ok but I agree, she needs to stop with the period dramas. Also I'm amazed that she was nominated for an oscar for Pride and Prejudice, her acting was so wooden in that!

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. Utterly appalling. Who cares if they've "grown up and matured" in acting? They still suck. At least the adult actors are pretty good. (Alan Rickman for example. *drools*)

Then there's Matthew Lewis (that ugly kid who plays Neville) and the flat-faced Bonnie Wright (Ginny was meant to be HOT).

Bahh, I hate those movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayel)
    Agreeing with most of the actors mentioned above.
    Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange is simply fantastic. I would like to see the rubbish young actors in Harry potter (except Rupert Grint who's ok) try their hands at other movies just to see if they are really as terrible as people say or if its just the appalling director who screwed them over.

That being said they are still pretty bad.

Dev Patel. I don't know if anyone ever claimed he was good but with all the hype surrounding slum dog millionaire I would just like to separate Danny Boyle's genius and the excellent writing, producing, songs, locations and anything good about the movie from the second-rate actor that is Dev Patel.

Rubbish in Skins, rubbish in Slumdog, and probably going to be rubbish in whatever else he'll be in next.

I adore Helena Bonham Carter, definitely one of my favourite actresses. I don't know any other actress who is as convincing as she is, and I love how there is nothing vain or self indulgent about any of her performances, which can't be said for many actresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I'm assuming 'Actor' here is extended to females as the majority of posts refer to males.
    Keira Knightley
    Scarlett Johannson
    Penelope Cruz
    Angelina Jolie
    I can't agree with you on that one I'm afraid. I know she's been in some awful stuff (e.g. Lara Croft, Mr and Mrs Smith). But her performances in 'Girl, Interrupted' and more recently 'Changeling' were amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Heath Ledger, Hugh Grant, Adam Sandler and that guy that's always with Ben Stiller (who is annoying as well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    I can't agree with you on that one I'm afraid. I know she's been in some awful stuff (e.g. Lara Croft, Mr and Mrs Smith). But her performances in 'Girl, Interrupted' and more recently 'Changeling' were amazing.
    Her more recent stuff isn't so good but I agree, her earlier stuff was fantastic, she was incredible in Girl, Interrupted like you said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Will Ferrell. Funny at times (Anchorman springs to mind), but doesn't merit the buzz methinks
    Have you seen "stranger than fiction"...its a good Will Ferrell film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berrylover)
    Brad Pitt ugh cant stand that guy i hear more about his personal life that the movies that hes in
    I've hated him since the whole jennifer aniston thing.... I am a huge friends fan!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bubble11)
    definitely colin firth. he always plays the same character and he always seems kind of confused.
    :O dont talk bad about Colin firth after pride & Prejudice (BBC) hes one of my favorite actors.

ReputationRep:
    I cant really think of anyoneee lol.

I absolutely love Johnny Depp though, he's an amazing actor and stars in some of my favourite ever movies=]

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.