Turn on thread page Beta

Most overrated actor? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtmad)
    will smith was good in the pursuit of happyness even if he was playing himself to a degree

theres nothing wrong with that though...joe pesci played himself in goodfellas and it was a legendary performance
    he was also quality in 'seven'

he isnt over rated, but i ******* hate jack shepard who plays david platt in corrie!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spartakist)
    No, no, no, no, NO!

Depp is a fantastic actor, the variation of his characters is unarguable. Fair enough if he gets your wick personally, but he's a startlingly good actor
    Well everyone has their own opinions; thats what makes the world such a diverse place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    yes, that's the one. you can probably find clips of the film scattered around YouTube :p:
    Thanks, thought it was
    Is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Well everyone has their own opinions; thats what makes the world such a diverse place
    That's fair enough. TO be honest I'm just relieved nobody's said DiCaprio:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitOfAnAlchy)
    Daniel Radcliffe literally does play the same character in every film :rolleyes:
    He's got a lot better since the first Harry Potter film to be fair to him though.

I think Will Smith's fairly overrated. He seems to just play himself a lot of the time.
    how could you SAY THAT?!?!?!?! you have very bad taste

(Original post by Profesh)
    Not that it's actually of any relevance, but:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Now, though I'd surely like nothing better than to continue this utterly pointless altercation for a few more futile minutes, I'm off into town. Ta-ta.
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    Can people stop saying soap actors are terrible, because they all are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Emma Watson's eyebrows are going to fall off her face one day.
    have you not seen alistair darling? those eyebrows are there for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I personally find Nicole Kidman overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    how could you SAY THAT?!?!?!?! you have very bad taste
    I like the majority of his films, i just dont think he's a great actor.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbanjeet)
    can I assume your south indian?

and yes he is overrated but then with tamil actors especially the girls are in it cos they are pretty not cos they can act (bar 1 or 2) and the men well to be honest I don't have a clue where they get these men probably related to other famous people

but yes rajni is overrated same style all the time

ReputationRep:
    Is Nick Cage rated? If so, he's overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi_navi)
    robert pattinson!
    But he's pretty...

ReputationRep:
    Whoever says "Steven Seagal" will be kung-fued and killed.

ReputationRep:
    keanu reeves maybe...

ReputationRep:
    Mischa Barton and Daniel Radcliff; both can't act for ****

ReputationRep:
    Entire cast of Gossip Girl

[Apart from Ed Westwick - he should get a standing ovation from every room he walks into for the rest of his life for 'Looks like you've hooked yourself a Bass..']

ReputationRep:
    Johnny Depp
    Alan Rickman
    Shia LeBouf
    Keanu Reeves
    Nicholas Cage (of recent)
    Michael Cera
    Jack Black

Basically because all of them (and a few I probably can't remember) have one acting style. In every film they stick to the same limited archetype basically changing name and clothes. A great actor should be able to play many different roles, not stick to what is easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Johnny Depp
    Alan Rickman
    Shia LeBouf
    Keanu Reeves
    Nicholas Cage (of recent)
    Michael Cera
    Jack Black

Basically because all of them (and a few I probably can't remember) have one acting style. In every film they stick to the same limited archetype basically changing name and clothes. A great actor should be able to play many different roles, not stick to what is easy.
    *sheds a silent tear*

But you are certainly right about LeBouf and Cage. Man they absolutely suck balls.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.