Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtmad)
    will smith was good in the pursuit of happyness even if he was playing himself to a degree

theres nothing wrong with that though...joe pesci played himself in goodfellas and it was a legendary performance
    he was also quality in 'seven'

he isnt over rated, but i ******* hate jack shepard who plays david platt in corrie!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spartakist)
    No, no, no, no, NO!

Depp is a fantastic actor, the variation of his characters is unarguable. Fair enough if he gets your wick personally, but he's a startlingly good actor
    Well everyone has their own opinions; thats what makes the world such a diverse place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    yes, that's the one. you can probably find clips of the film scattered around YouTube :p:
    Thanks, thought it was
    Is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Well everyone has their own opinions; thats what makes the world such a diverse place
    That's fair enough. TO be honest I'm just relieved nobody's said DiCaprio:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitOfAnAlchy)
    Daniel Radcliffe literally does play the same character in every film :rolleyes:
    He's got a lot better since the first Harry Potter film to be fair to him though.

I think Will Smith's fairly overrated. He seems to just play himself a lot of the time.
    how could you SAY THAT?!?!?!?! you have very bad taste

(Original post by Profesh)
    Not that it's actually of any relevance, but:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Now, though I'd surely like nothing better than to continue this utterly pointless altercation for a few more futile minutes, I'm off into town. Ta-ta.
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    Can people stop saying soap actors are terrible, because they all are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Emma Watson's eyebrows are going to fall off her face one day.
    have you not seen alistair darling? those eyebrows are there for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I personally find Nicole Kidman overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    how could you SAY THAT?!?!?!?! you have very bad taste
    I like the majority of his films, i just dont think he's a great actor.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbanjeet)
    can I assume your south indian?

and yes he is overrated but then with tamil actors especially the girls are in it cos they are pretty not cos they can act (bar 1 or 2) and the men well to be honest I don't have a clue where they get these men probably related to other famous people

but yes rajni is overrated same style all the time

ReputationRep:
    Is Nick Cage rated? If so, he's overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi_navi)
    robert pattinson!
    But he's pretty...

ReputationRep:
    Whoever says "Steven Seagal" will be kung-fued and killed.

ReputationRep:
    keanu reeves maybe...

ReputationRep:
    Mischa Barton and Daniel Radcliff; both can't act for ****

ReputationRep:
    Entire cast of Gossip Girl

[Apart from Ed Westwick - he should get a standing ovation from every room he walks into for the rest of his life for 'Looks like you've hooked yourself a Bass..']

ReputationRep:
    Johnny Depp
    Alan Rickman
    Shia LeBouf
    Keanu Reeves
    Nicholas Cage (of recent)
    Michael Cera
    Jack Black

Basically because all of them (and a few I probably can't remember) have one acting style. In every film they stick to the same limited archetype basically changing name and clothes. A great actor should be able to play many different roles, not stick to what is easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Johnny Depp
    Alan Rickman
    Shia LeBouf
    Keanu Reeves
    Nicholas Cage (of recent)
    Michael Cera
    Jack Black

Basically because all of them (and a few I probably can't remember) have one acting style. In every film they stick to the same limited archetype basically changing name and clothes. A great actor should be able to play many different roles, not stick to what is easy.
    *sheds a silent tear*

But you are certainly right about LeBouf and Cage. Man they absolutely suck balls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.