Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is this area big? Is there much wildlife? Also, is it a good area to chill out and study?

Thanks

x

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit overgrown for studying, well the bit between Founders and the new halls is. I'll see if I can find any photos of it. There is however more of a meadow-type area that's usually pretty quiet, it's near Founders but I don't think many people know about it There are squirrels everywhere, the occasional rat (don't panic, they avoid people and really aren't that bad!) and very occasionally people see a deer. Virginia Waters is close by if you want more wilderness - they have a deer park!

Ok so I'm useless with technology and have no idea how to put a picture in.... :o:

ReputationRep:
    I've got pics (as per usual) will post them later though as need to change their location over.

Wildlife wise - deer, rabbits, squirrels etc etc - which is quite cool! Don't be alarmed at night though - the deer (they're Muncjac (sp)) are known as Barking deer because of the noise. They're so loud people have been known to call security (not knowing what's making the noise obviously!)

Windsor Great Park which has Virginia Water (the actual water, not the place) is just up the road and you'll see all sorts of things there. Best get yourself an OS map and be happy to go off walking - it's amazing in parts.

Down behind Founders there's a mini pond thing with a bridge, and a waterfall etc - it's really quiet down there and has a couple of benches so an ideal place to read. The meadow's pretty empty too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortarse)
    It's a bit overgrown for studying, well the bit between Founders and the new halls is. I'll see if I can find any photos of it. There is however more of a meadow-type area that's usually pretty quiet, it's near Founders but I don't think many people know about it There are squirrels everywhere, the occasional rat (don't panic, they avoid people and really aren't that bad!) and very occasionally people see a deer. Virginia Waters is close by if you want more wilderness - they have a deer park!

Ok so I'm useless with technology and have no idea how to put a picture in.... :o:
    That's fine dont worry about the picture, the meadows and deer park sound great, i'd love to study in such a chilled environment, all these things close then?

Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apotoftea)
    I've got pics (as per usual) will post them later though as need to change their location over.

Wildlife wise - deer, rabbits, squirrels etc etc - which is quite cool! Don't be alarmed at night though - the deer (they're Muncjac (sp)) are known as Barking deer because of the noise. They're so loud people have been known to call security (not knowing what's making the noise obviously!)

Windsor Great Park which has Virginia Water (the actual water, not the place) is just up the road and you'll see all sorts of things there. Best get yourself an OS map and be happy to go off walking - it's amazing in parts.

Down behind Founders there's a mini pond thing with a bridge, and a waterfall etc - it's really quiet down there and has a couple of benches so an ideal place to read. The meadow's pretty empty too.
    wow that sounds amazing, I know I've definitely chosen the right uni for '10. It sounds beautiful, any picture you can manage would be lovely, thanks

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    That's fine dont worry about the picture, the meadows and deer park sound great, i'd love to study in such a chilled environment, all these things close then?

Thanks xxx
    The deer park is actually in Windsor Great Park - looking at a good 2 to 3 mile walk once you're in the park boundary!

But there are actual deer on campus - tend to be see either behind Runnymede 2, Gowar and the wooded bit behind the south tower of Founder's.

ReputationRep:
    Ah apologies, I keep forgetting Virginia Waters is just the lake. I know what I mean, lol.

And don't forget the millions of cats!

ReputationRep:
    The deer park is actually in Windsor Great Park - looking at a good 2 to 3 mile walk once you're in the park boundary!

But there are actual deer on campus - tend to be see either behind Runnymede 2, Gowar and the wooded bit behind the south tower of Founder's.
    It all sounds really fairytale like, and I don't mind going for relaxing walks
    Nothing like planning for the future, I love the look of Runnymede2 x

ReputationRep:
    And can you actually go into Windsor great park for free? Or is it a paying thing?

ReputationRep:
    There's no entrance fee, but they charge for their carpark. There are spaces along the A30 just outside the carpark that are free but they're often full, so I recommend walking. It's not far anyway, and you feel better for doing it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, is nice place. Queen's back yard and all that. well mellow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortarse)
    There's no entrance fee, but they charge for their carpark. There are spaces along the A30 just outside the carpark that are free but they're often full, so I recommend walking. It's not far anyway, and you feel better for doing it!
    I just checked on google earth and it is pretty close!

ReputationRep:
    Someone was found hung in it a couple of years back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    And can you actually go into Windsor great park for free? Or is it a paying thing?
    It's free! There's a little gate where Wick road meets the A30 and that's only a 10min walk from Founders.

This map will become your friend: http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/a...cape%20Map.pdf

Where it says "to Egham" you can see a little path that goes directly into the park fence - that's the gate I use.

The deer park isn't on that map as it's about 20mins walk off the map towards Windsor. Once you're in the actual deer park, you should be able to see the Castle too

ReputationRep:
    It's free! There's a little gate where Wick road meets the A30 and that's only a 10min walk from Founders.

This map will become your friend: http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/a...cape%20Map.pdf

Where it says "to Egham" you can see a little path that goes directly into the park fence - that's the gate I use.

The deer park isn't on that map as it's about 20mins walk off the map towards Windsor. Once you're in the actual deer park, you should be able to see the Castle too
    I tell you what, when people show me cool things like that it gives me the drive to continue to work

I would rep you for being helpful, but apparently I have done so already this month, so it will have to wait:P

Many thanks

x

ReputationRep:
    there's a path going through it from founders to the hub, i never really thought of it as a wood.

ReputationRep:
    I've bumped into a badger about 3 times in those woods, that was quite exciting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.