Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So it got released a day early onto a new zealand download site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXAz3ulDv2Q

Views?

Personally after hearing this and 'united states of eurasia' Im pretty worried about the new album. This is going to be the Supermassive Black Hole of this record, but nowhere near as catchy. Radio 1 will no doubht lap it up though.

Hopefully the rest of the album will make up for the 2 pretty average tracks I have heard.

x

ReputationRep:
    loving the song and so happy they're back!

ReputationRep:
    I love it. We're also talking about it in the Muse soc if anyone fancies joining us there

Uprising is better that USoE for me - bit more meaty I think. I was worried about the new album when I heard USoE but less so now Uprising has appeared, I think they'll be ok :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great, anything like SMBH is brilliance in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of agree with you. I really liked SMBH when it was released because it was so different from anything they'd previously done, and I found it exciting! This almost feels like after the very split reactions to SMBH they're sort of opting for a safe middle ground rather than trying anything new. It's nice enough but I just don't feel there's enough going on and the chorus isn't terribly catchy by their standards.

ReputationRep:
    Better than USoE without a doubt but is it good enough for a lead single? Only one listen so far so hoping it will grow well but it does seem they have played safe, it isn't the brilliant return of Muse that were hoping for i'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, maybe it will grow on me. I do have to add that as always the bass is fantastic. :yep:

But I can't help but say this album sounds like it will be very similar to BH&R, with whole big sound thing. BH&R had some good tracks, don't get me wrong. But I'm a bit hesitant atm to how this album will turn out. I guess I shouldn't be holding out for them to write another Hysteria or Hypermusic. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I like it.

ReputationRep:
    on first listen, i really like it, prefer this to USofE.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like some ******** Doctor Who castoff. Do not want.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that United States of Eurasia sounded like queen.
    Very worried indeed. Still seeing them at the O2 though . . obviously <3

Just listened to it properly. Much better than USOE

ReputationRep:
    This has got me really worried about 'The Resistance' to be honest. It sounds like a toned down version of SMBH, and coupled with USoE still yet to grow on me, it's not looking too good for the rest of the album.

Granted the bass is great [as always], but it really does sound like Matt's holding back in his vocals and the whole electronic synthesiser in the background doesn't feel like it should be in it at all.

Here's hoping these grow on me and the rest of the album turns out well, God knows I've been looking forward to 'The Resistance' for long enough....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkplug)
    This has got me really worried about 'The Resistance' to be honest. It sounds like a toned down version of SMBH, and coupled with USoE still yet to grow on me, it's not looking too good for the rest of the album.

Granted the bass is great [as always], but it really does sound like Matt's holding back in his vocals and the whole electronic synthesiser in the background doesn't feel like it should be in it at all.

Here's hoping these grow on me and the rest of the album turns out well, God knows I've been looking forward to 'The Resistance' for long enough....
    I totally agree, on a couple more listens i have come to the conclusion that is isn't very good again - apart from the bass which again is awesome. But as you said the synth just doesn't fit, and it definitely has me worried about The Resistance as the song just gets boring, there is no variety to the song throughout. Better than the awful rip off of Queen in USoE yes, but blimey what are Muse doing, I mean Black Holes is much better than this so far and Absolution and OOS are much better than that album. For a lead single choice, strange, very strange, it isn't catchy and is a drag to listen to. /Rant :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouTube)
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group.
    Damn Warner Brothers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Damn Warner Brothers...
    Worry not my friend! Only 30s or so but still better than not listening it at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJCm-6La6Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    Worry not my friend! Only 30s or so but still better than not listening it at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJCm-6La6Q
    Thanks <3
    Does sound very Dr. Who-esque

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.