Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why would anyone want to fight for this country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    This is you in a different thread. Are you a hypocrite or just trolling trying to wind people up? Spineless weakling perfectly describes your professed attitude in this thread. And you obviously don't have genuine passion for Britain otherwise you be prepared to fight for it if it came to that.
    God, you actually spent your time prowling through my previous messages?

In my view, real passion for Britain is avoiding war at all costs and only resorting to violence if it is absolutely necessary. Isolationism is the key. People fighting in other countries can go to hell; I don't want British lives lost over another nation's petty disputes. If that makes me spineless, so be it. I really couldn't give a crap. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappinessHappening)
    In my view, real passion for Britain is avoiding war at all costs and only resorting to violence if it is absolutely necessary. Isolationism is the key. People fighting in other countries can go to hell; I don't want British lives lost over another nation's petty disputes. If that makes me spineless, so be it. I really couldn't give a crap. :yes:
    That stance is almost laughable.
    UK wouldnt be in the prominent world position it is today if that **** attitude had been held through the ages.
    Do you see what happened to neutral Belgium and Netherlands in WW2? The same would have happened to Switzerland and UK eventually. Why would the Nazis stop at Europe?

Its only the currently comparitivly stable modern political situation intra-Europe (EU NATO) that allows the luxury of contemplation of such isolationist thinking. In the past such a policy would have left UK ally-less and invaded.
    Are you advocating just political isolationism or even more ridiculous trade isolationism as well?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want British lives lost over another nation's petty disputes. If that makes me spineless, so be it. I really couldn't give a crap. :yes:
    No, you don't want British lives lost over our disputes with other nations (petty or not) And yes, that does make for a fairly spineless foreign policy.
    You clearly do give a crap because you 'want thatcher back'.

Should we have just let the Argentinians have the Falklands? After all its not really Britain is it? Remain isolationist :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That stance is almost laughable.
    UK wouldnt be in the prominent world position it is today if that **** attitude had been held through the ages.
    Do you see what happened to neutral Belgium and Netherlands in WW2? The same would have happened to Switzerland and UK eventually. Why would the Nazis stop at Europe?

Its only the currently comparitivly stable modern political situation intra-Europe (EU NATO) that allows the luxury of contemplation of such isolationist thinking. In the past such a policy would have left UK ally-less and invaded.
    Are you advocating just political isolationism or even more ridiculous trade isolationism as well?
    I'm not talking about the past, am I? Now, we can have the luxury of isolationsism. Plenty of countries do. I don't care if Britain is in a prominent position. All I care about is my quality of life; not the position of this country in world politics.

I'm certainly not advocating trade restriction.

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't want British lives lost over our disputes with other nations (petty or not) And yes, that does make for a fairly spineless foreign policy.
    You clearly do give a crap because you 'want thatcher back'.

Should we have just let the Argentinians have the Falklands? After all its not really Britain is it? Remain isolationist :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I want Thatcher back because she made life good for people like me and she was resolute.

I don't give a crap about the Falklands; let the Argentinians do want they like with them.

ReputationRep:
    I want Thatcher back because she made life good for people like me and she was resolute.

I don't give a crap about the Falklands; let the Argentinians do want they like with them.
    so you dont care about other Britain's lives?

and its a very narrow minded view that we can have the best possible standard of life without other countries. if ever another major war broke out we would we be well placed with our strong alliances with EU, Nato and US aswell as being well liked by china. Foreign policy is required to deal with climate change, which with the melting of the icecaps will put a lot of Britain under water

ReputationRep:
    Our interventions have done no good whatsoever, just look at both of the infrastructures of both Iraq and Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    For practical means, if they are unemployable then why not join the army, I hear the pays not bad. Nationalism is a cover-up of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    Our interventions have done no good whatsoever, just look at both of the infrastructures of both Iraq and Afghanistan.
    This is off topic but what about it?
    What am I looking at in the infrastructure of Iraq and Afghanistan. And tell me please from your great life experience exactly what it was like before?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a reason why.

But I'd fight, if I was really needed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.