Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    This is my first post on Student Room and I just want to say thankyou for a fantastic website and all the help on here.
    I am applying to become an RAf Intelligence Officer and will shortly be going to OASC. I am trying to arrange a station visit to RAF Waddington and have sent the Visits Clerk a letter of request approx 3 weeks ago. (This is what it says to do on the RAF website).
    I woundered if anyone knows if RAF Waddington is busy or if there are any problems with station visits at the moment because I have not heard anything back from RAF Waddington and I don't want to send them an E-mail yet if they are very busy and may still get back to me shortly. I realise that they may not have received my letter but any help from student room with any other explanations would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ask them. The RAF doesn't want shy children. 3 wks is fine to follow it up.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Bookseller,
    I recently attended the Waddington station visit and I must say it's a fantastic day organised by [redacted] and the guy is a hero. He's a WSO on a Sentry and will give you loads of fab advice on OASC (i learnt loads and just got my letter yesterday to say iv passed) and general RAF knowledge so take a pen and notepad and write it all down. I think the next visit is the 7th Sept because my mate's on it.

Anyways, here's his email and he won't mind you emailing him direct:

[redacted by a mod - is it such an obscure idea that military are entitled to privacy and security?]

ReputationRep:
    That's great thankyou very much for that i will e-mail straight away. I wonder if they could fit me in before 7th Sept because i'm at OASC starting 25th August. I've been trying to arrange a visit for a while now but that doesn't sound as good to the interview board as 'I actually went on a visit and organised it myself'. I'll see what they say. Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    If i remember correctly, they aren't doing one for august but worth asking anyway. Even if you've got it lined up though, it's worth mentioning at interview. I went to Benson too and they have them quite regularly, but i guess it's not so relevant for intelligence.

Also, might be good to just arrange a telephone call to an intelligence officer to quiz them. It shows initiative and they eat that up at OASC.

ReputationRep:
    Mikerlife you're not allowed to call people by their full names and rank on here

Edit: Already dealt with

ReputationRep:
    As it is the summer holidays for schools a lot of people with kids are on leave at the moment. Its just a bad time of the year for visits.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it's just that, I spoke to the NCALT at Cranwell today in order to arrange a visit to 55 Sqn. The earliest they could book me in was November 26th!

I could have gone to OASC by then...!

ReputationRep:
    Of course there are multiple reasons, but most will be manpower based.

As I do work at Waddington I am well aware that many sections have people of on leave at the moment and trying to get anything done is slow.

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine. I was reading the RAF News the other day about the possibility in the near future of the entire Station being deployed at one point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-J-Jewell)
    I was reading the RAF News the other day about the possibility in the near future of the entire Station being deployed at one point!
    Dont even get me started on that system, it could have been written by Sir Humphrey himself:eek3:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.