Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's always a lot of negativity surrounding exams, but they lead to qualifications that can help you get to where you want to be.

What do you think are the main issues surrounding exams in the UK and how could we promote a positive agenda around them?

ReputationRep:
    Positive aspects: We get time off school

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of any positive aspects other than that they lead to qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    The only positive aspect i can think of is when exams are over...FREEDOM!

ReputationRep:
    They're challenging.. pushing you to broaden your thinking patterns to new heights, they force you to learn new material (or try to at least) and if you do well in them people generally regard you as intelligent :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Exams make you actually learn the material and to test yourself to see how much you really know.

ReputationRep:
    The easy ones are quite enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Before exams is like a social gathering, everyone is there! Good times...I failed my exams though.

ReputationRep:
    You can eat whatever you want while you're revising without feeling guilty. It's the only positive aspect.

Oh, and without taking exams we wouldn't get really long holidays because they'd be nothing to wait for - we'd go straight to university/college after regular summer holidays if we didn't need results.

ReputationRep:
    You get to show off how clever you are

I like the silence. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    The feeling you get when you know that you know enough to pass the exam really well, or when a good question comes up.

Or the fact that they make you work really hard, and stop you slacking like you do for the rest of the year... Well, at least it does for me ^_^

ReputationRep:
    You get that euphoric feeling when you realise you've finally finished the courses, and you get to progress to further/higher education.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.